The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Yotes beat nucks

CANUCK-EXPRESS

If Luongo ever had a chance to watch this game he'd be thanking his lucky Floridian stars he's out of here.

I know that trade day does a number on them, but ferchrisakes couldn't they muster up the effort for one cotton-pickin goal?

They put in the effort early but the lop-sided reffing and no puck luck (as usual) did them in. You could tell they really needed that first goal. After they didn't get it, they just played like they knew they'd lose. They're going to wear Eddie out before he ever hits his prime.

And Henrik BETTER be injured with such a p poor example for a captain.

What would you think if nothing happens tomorrow? Just wondering... I would love some fresh players in and start this 'retool' as much as it hurts to let someone like Kesler go.. but I feel it has to be done...rather than hang on and be the flames V2.0.

If we do nothing, Will you be disappointed?

I challenge anyone to give me proof as to why Henrik is/should be our captain... (He certainly isn't leading by example)

Hmmm...... we have nobody else?

I'm not sure who else could lead by example right now. Sestito? Seems to be the only guy trying out there. (Excluding Lack, but who makes a goalie a captain???) Yeah! Captain Sestito!

Quitters...

We saw it in game 7

We saw it last 2 playoffs

and we're seeing it now

Whole bunch of quitters...

There's no drive, no want...

Only guys I see playing like they care

Kesler

Burrows even though he's not scoring

Bieksa

and we're going to likely see two of or all three of those guys gone soon, we'll be left with listlessness

What would you think if nothing happens tomorrow? Just wondering... I would love some fresh players in and start this 'retool' as much as it hurts to let someone like Kesler go.. but I feel it has to be done...rather than hang on and be the flames V2.0.

If we do nothing, Will you be disappointed?

Of course. The Luongo trade only makes sense in the context of other trades. The Canucks right now have moved from a team with scoring issues to a team with scoring issues and a rookie starting goaltender. It's hard to assess the Luongo trade until we see what this team looks like after the deadline.

Lack was awesome. No problems there.

Players suck. Strip Henrik of C. He doesn't deserve it at all.

I challenge anyone to give me proof as to why Henrik is/should be our captain... (He certainly isn't leading by example)

But MG just said this team has great leadership. Now I'm confused.

Archived