The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can we crown the Lady Byng Winner already

Frist of I hate making threads that lack much substance but I felt this deserved its own thread and some good discussion.

I’m also surprised that this hasn’t been brought up yet (searched and couldn't find anything). But Ryan O’Reilly has ZERO penalty minutes in 69 games. He has ZERO penalty minutes all year. That’s incredible, not even a slip of the stick, mistake, or a bad call has gone against him. It’s also not like he doesn’t get the hard ice time. He average 20 minutes a game, plays PP, PK and has just shy of a ppg with 57 points this season. I would say it’s safe to say baring some major change in the last 10 games that he is a shoe in for the Lady Byng winner this year.

Anyone agree?

Wow. Had no idea about ROR's PIMs. He should win, hands down. Seguin and St Louis don't have to play the type of minutes he does (shut-down role).

I would think minutes-type is irrelevant in Lady Byng voting, but ROR is a contender for sure.

Hey, good thing we passed on him to draft Schroeder, 'the steal'.

Not really fair to say, O'Reilly is better than pretty much any other player in '09 besides Tavares, Hedman, and Duchene.

How incredible was Colorado's draft that year?

Round 1: Matt Duchene

Round 2: Ryan O'Reilly, Stefan Elliot

Round 3: Tyson Barrie

I would think minutes-type is irrelevant in Lady Byng voting, but ROR is a contender for sure.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Schroeder was highly touted and was a steal of a pick at the time.

I cannot stand it when people use hindsight to criticize decisions. It's so fricken stupid.

Not really fair to say, O'Reilly is better than pretty much any other player in '09 besides Tavares, Hedman, and Duchene.

How incredible was Colorado's draft that year?

Round 1: Matt Duchene

Round 2: Ryan O'Reilly, Stefan Elliot

Round 3: Tyson Barrie

Freakin' unfair

Archived