The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

29 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Wow, that's one of the craziest things I've seen in baseball, and the umps can't even look at the replay that shows it isn't foul!

Unreal, never seen this before.  

Wait.... that ball wasn't a foul!?

Rooting for the Dodgers but after that insane in the membrane call, I was hoping the Cubs could hang on for this game. Now we'll see what happens. Can they ride that momentum? They also have more recent playoff experience than LA who will have all the pressure now. Should be an intense game 5.

1 minute ago, gmen81 said:

Not over yet but Dodgers/Astros is the World Series we wanted heading into the playoffs. 

I say Dodgers in 6

Seems so strange that two National League teams could meet in the World Series.  (I still see the Astros as NL.)

Baseball is a game of inches. Unfortunately the baseball gods sided with the Astros this series. I am proud of my Yankees and I know the future is bright (Should scare you all, especially fans of teams in the AL East). Doesn't make losing any easier though. 

Congrats Houston after all you have been through as a city you need this. I'll be rooting for you in the WS. Don't like how entitled some of your fans are though.

Clayton being Clayton....

Turner made the difference for his team last night and Correa did not. Still, I like Houston's chances in the next one. Verlander has been terrific.

Meanwhile in Jays land, it seems like Marcus Stroman doesn't like being criticized by the guys at Sportsnet:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/mlb/blue-jays-analyst-gregg-zaun-fires-back-says-players-too-‘thin-skinned’/ar-AAtZBed?li=AAggNb9

Toronto Blue Jays ace Marcus Stroman has taken to Twitter recently, stating that Sportsnet needs a change in its on-air staff and that he “can’t wait to have a home broadcast that defends its home players.”

Toronto struggled this season, finishing 76-86. Zaun, a former big-league catcher, was critical of several Blue Jays, including Stroman.

In this instance, I side with Zaun. The (m)analyst is there to point out the dumb plays as well as the good plays and if it happens to be the home team making the dumb play, so be it. If I want to watch a biased announcer, I'll watch a Braves' broadcast, or listen to Cheech, when the Canucks are playing....

...oh yeah, and I'd still trade Stroman for Charlie Blackmon. Straight up.