The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[rumor] benning wants reinhart

We will have to trade into the top 2 then and we don't have a lot when it comes to trading besides our young players, prospects and picks.

Seems like a long shot. I wouldn't get my hopes up though I would be happy if it happened.

I'd rather just keep the 6th. We could potentially draft a stud if one of the top 5 drops or we could end up with a promising player that fits the mold of what this team needs in Ritchie.

Not worth it in my opinion. If Benning wants to move up, 2015 draft is the time for that.

if florida is bent on drafting ehlers, than 6th pick would make the most sense....therefore it would take or sixth pick and a prospect...maybe corrado....unless they would like hansen to take ehlers under his wing...it could happen.....

if florida is bent on drafting ehlers, than 6th pick would make the most sense....therefore it would take or sixth pick and a prospect...maybe corrado....unless they would like hansen to take ehlers under his wing...it could happen.....

It definitely could happen. It's not always necessarily about how much is offered but how well it fits with both teams. Toronto is offering way more but the two players the Panthers are rumoured to want (Nylander and Ehlers) will mostly likely be gone by the 8th pick. The 6th pick is perfect for them.

If benning really wants someone, he finds a way to get it done. Look at Alex Khokhlachev for example.

It definitely could happen. It's not always necessarily about how much is offered but how well it fits with both teams. Toronto is offering way more but the two players the Panthers are rumoured to want (Nylander and Ehlers) will mostly likely be gone by the 8th pick. The 6th pick is perfect for them.

If benning really wants someone, he finds a way to get it done. Look at Alex Khokhlachev for example.

Agreed..Our 6th does guarantee the Panthers one of Ehlers or Nylander..Kind of puts us in the drivers seat IMO

Why do we want any late first round picks? (All those wanting to trade Kesler) This drafts been said to be weak, and next years is said to be the best in a long long time.

Just because there is no real "clear cut" #1 player. This draft is actually pretty good. Benning said so himself... and I trust his word more than any media outlet saying otherwise.

If we're going for a rebuild, I would do whatever I could to keep that 6th overall pick. Give up a veteran roster player. This team needs to get younger and more skilled. While it won't be easy, I'd like to see both Reinhart AND Virtanen drafted by this team. Ritchie doesn't impress me as much. Not as fast and doesn't have Virtanen's shot.

Archived