The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

9 hours ago, HomeBrew said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/30/the-10-most-educated-countries-in-the-world.html

Canada tops the list as the most educated country in the world.”

So who exactly is trying to pass off subjective opinions as objective? Give it a rest man, this is getting old quick.

In terms of collecting rubber-stamp state-says-you-are-educated, yes. In terms of actual education, no. Canadian high school education is a joke, really. Can't math, can't science, can't trades- can't ANYTHING properly. 

3 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

In terms of collecting rubber-stamp state-says-you-are-educated, yes. In terms of actual education, no. Canadian high school education is a joke, really. Can't math, can't science, can't trades- can't ANYTHING properly. 

Canada has provinces... British Columbia is a Canadian province.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, canuckistani said:

State does not just mean the US definition of states either. Canada is a state as well.

Check definition 4-b, 5-a:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/state

Thank you for proving my point that Canadian high school education sucks. 

The province of British Columbia is the body that regulates and stamps diplomas within its boundaries. The nation state that is known as Canada does not.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HomeBrew said:

The province of British Columbia is the body that regulates and stamps diplomas within its boundaries. The nation state that is known as Canada does not.

Province of BC does whatever it does, by tacit approval of Canada. BC is not a sovereign entity, it is a representative/administrative arm of the nation. Anyways, this is way OT. Back to Jake MacTruck Virtanen. 

3 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

Yes, thank you. Try to do so without trying to drag our entire country through the mud. If you don’t like it, take off eh.

Jake is awesome. 

Only idiots leave when they find their country sucks at something. Others prefer improving things that suck about their country.  

8 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Jake is play is well! I love how he carries the puck in with confidence and looks for the outlet!!

the hitting is a thing of beauty and icing on the cake

The hitting is a missing piece this roster doesn't have enough of.  I'd actually like him to pick up his hitting a bit more this year.  He currently sits with 7.78 hit per 60 min putting him somewhere in the 35-40 range amongst forwards.  Last year he was at 10.98 hits per 60 which put him in the 15-20 range..  

• Cheers 1

Jake's a beauty. His development has taken a big step this year. He's starting to process the game better, and making better decisions with the puck. He's setting up more plays, rather than his usual skate like the wind to the net and try a wrap around. 10 goals before Christmas, he could get 25 goals this year. Green is also trusting him late in the game and to start OT, and that's huge. His confidence is on the rise. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

The hitting is a missing piece this roster doesn't have enough of.  I'd actually like him to pick up his hitting a bit more this year.  He currently sits with 7.78 hit per 60 min putting him somewhere in the 35-40 range amongst forwards.  Last year he was at 10.98 hits per 60 which put him in the 15-20 range..  

I think he's focusing more on his playmaking right now. But I agree that he can hit more.I think now's the time for him to take a page out of Stan Smyl's handbook and hit hard when they hit us hard like tit for tat. ie controlling the tempo of the game 

which is why I like Roussell so much.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think he's focusing more on his playmaking right now. But I agree that he can hit more.I think now's the time for him to take a page out of Stan Smyl's handbook and hit hard when they hit us hard like tit for tat. ie controlling the tempo of the game 

which is why I like Roussell so much.

Yeah I like the increased production for sure. I’d like to see him get up closer to the  13+ hits per 60 min rate where ferklund is currently at. Either that or this team needs to add another top 6 forward who can throw his weight around to help alleviate some of the physical responsibility.  I  guess I’m still old school and would like to see our team intimidate other rosters for once. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yeah I like the increased production for sure. I’d like to see him get up closer to the  13+ hits per 60 min rate where ferklund is currently at. Either that or this team needs to add another top 6 forward who can throw his weight around to help alleviate some of the physical responsibility.  I  guess I’m still old school and would like to see our team intimidate other rosters for once. 

Playing a consistent physical game is tough to keep up through a season. We all know that it is critical when it comes to CUP play. Different season and a much tougher game. Regular season play gets you an invite only. It is a questionable yardstick to measure a CUP contender by. 

• Cheers 2

20 hours ago, canuckistani said:

Only idiots leave when they find their country sucks at something. Others prefer improving things that suck about their country.  

What country were born in and and left?  What did that country suck at?

Edited by Rob_Zepp
  • Haha 2