The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Found interview with the Avto head coach Martemianov dated Sep 17, I translate parts related to Tryamkin:

"Who is the team captain is the internal team decision. Dawes is the team leader, he is more experienced than Tryamkin. Nikita should concentrate more on his game, I believe he is on right track...

Two games missed by Tryamkin was not his punishment at all. We have quite large number of defencemen and are rotating them. Some other players will be on the ice next game. The season is pretty long. Even after playing good game someone could be benched, this is life. Thanks god, we don't have injuries so far..."

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Found interview with the Avto head coach Martemianov dated Sep 17, I translate parts related to Tryamkin:

"Who is the team captain is the internal team decision. Dawes is the team leader, he is more experienced than Tryamkin. Nikita should concentrate more on his game, I believe he is on right track...

Two games missed by Tryamkin was not his punishment at all. We have quite large number of defencemen and are rotating them. Some other players will be on the ice next game. The season is pretty long. Even after playing good game someone could be benched, this is life. Thanks god, we don't have injuries so far..."

Seems weird tho, even if you rotate guys in.... Never sub your top pairing D.... There's millions of dollars on the line. Just my opinion though lol

10 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

???

Is that ok with Tryamkin for the coach to be saying that? :)

20 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Seems weird tho, even if you rotate guys in.... Never sub your top pairing D.... There's millions of dollars on the line. Just my opinion though lol

I think Avtomobilist is about 10 deep in good KHL defensemen, including several eatablished veterans, and many who are capable of playing top-2/top-4 roles. They have 5-6 quality vets with like 400-500 KHL games each under their belts, and that’s not even including their young-ish top pairing of Vasilevsky-Tryamkin. Plus they have some other younger guys who need games, and a couple good D prospects waiting in the lower leagues to get their chance. It’s a really deep D order. Without  a rotation, they’d end up sitting out some very capable players for extended stretches who deserve to see icetime. Nice problem to have. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I think Avtomobilist is about 10 deep in good KHL defensemen, including several eatablished veterans, and many who are capable of playing top-2/top-4 roles. They have 5-6 quality vets with like 400-500 KHL games each under their belts, and that’s not even including their young-ish top pairing of Vasilevsky-Tryamkin. Plus they have some other younger guys who need games, and a couple good D prospects waiting in the lower leagues to get their chance. It’s a really deep D order. Without  a rotation, they’d end up sitting out some very capable players for extended stretches who deserve to see icetime. Nice problem to have. 

Ya no kidding hey, I feel like some moves could maybe be made haha. Definitely not a bad problem tho lol

Tryamkin and first place Avtomobilist are in tough today in the league showdown against second place Jokerit. Scoreless game after two periods, with Jokerit dominating on the shot clock on and time on attack, but so far unable to get anything past Yekaterinburg goalie Jakub Kovar (21 saves so far). As usual, Tryamkin is the high minute man, leading in TOI (12:58) and shifts (18). Avto's defensive depth on display today, with four Dmen of their seven man order each playing over 12 minutes of ice time so far (Tryamkin, Lyamin, Mamkin, and Bodrov). This game is probably the most vulnerable Avto has looked this season as they try to extend their record to 9-0 and maintain KHL supremacy against their closest rival. Jokerit definitely doesn't look like they're planning to roll over in this one.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, cyoung said:

With so many bodies, maybe a good time for Try to buyout his contract (repaid via Canucks signing bonus)? ::D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tryamkin finished with 19:13 TOI on 27 shifts. 3 SOG, 1 hit, 1 block. No points.

Avtomobilist went with deep group on D and shared the ice time around, so the lower than normal TOI totals for Tryamkin are by no means an indication of his performance. He played very well.

Here's the breakdown of the 7 Dmen TOI:

Lyamin: 19:23

Tryamkin: 19:13

Mamkin: 19:07

Bodrov: 18:44

Yegorshev: 16:35

Vasilevsky: 15:43

Gurkin: 8:43

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Couple untimely penalties in the 3rd by Jokerit allowed Avto to break the scoreless draw and they now lead 1-0 with under 6 minutes remaining.

Been really impressed with Nikita on the PP. Just plays the rink general out there. Very vocal in calling plays or giving signals to let his guys know what to do. Mobile and active in the offensive zone. Holds the line well. Shows nimble feet for a big man, and even nutmegged a defender with a little two step to get around and walk into the slot. Another play he faked the point shot and then no looked a pass to a forward in the circle. Covers a lot of ice in the zone, sometimes moving in deep to chase rebounds, provide a shooting option low, or overload one side on the attack. Quickly rotates back up after these forays and never seems to get out of position. Honestly, they way he’s looked on the man advantage, I’d say he’d instantly be our best PPQB option if he were here. Of course that’s not saying that much, given our current D. And it’s easier to look good on the big ice and against lower competition. But nonetheless, Nik’s looked solid.

He was on the ice for the goal, but didn’t figure in the scoring. Looked really good on previously plays though, and definitely seems to be Avto’s best offensive D today.

Also just rock solid in his own zone, using his size and reach to cover a tonne of space, and helping keep the Jokerit attack largely to the outside and away from the prime areas.

And as I’m typing, Avto adds the 2-0 goal with 2 minutes remaining. Looks like they’ll go to 9-0 and stay in first place and undefeated.

EDIT: all but over now as Avto adds an EN to go up 3-0.

Having a powerplay unit consisting of Boeser, Petterson, Horvat, Hughes, and Tryamkin would be unreal.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

And as I’m typing, Avto adds the 2-0 goal with 2 minutes remaining. Looks like they’ll go to 9-0 and stay in first place and undefeated.

EDIT: all but over now as Avto adds an EN to go up 3-0.

Just going to add some details: Avto played the road game in Helsinki, Finland, this is the first loss for Jokerit on the home ice and Jokerit is on the 1st place in the Western Conference.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Tryamkin finished with 19:13 TOI on 27 shifts. 3 SOG, 1 hit, 1 block. No points.

Avtomobilist went with deep group on D and shared the ice time around, so the lower than normal TOI totals for Tryamkin are by no means an indication of his performance. He played very well.

Here's the breakdown of the 7 Dmen TOI:

Lyamin: 19:23

Tryamkin: 19:13

Mamkin: 19:07

Bodrov: 18:44

Yegorshev: 16:35

Vasilevsky: 15:43

Gurkin: 8:43

Gurkin only got 8 minutes!!!! what the! 

:P