The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Not a clue but I should know more by end of this week as I am meeting up with someone who covers that league intensively.   I do know he has struggled this year stats wise (underlying stats) and for whatever the reason has been down their depth chart.   Something is up.    Perhaps his wife smelled weed in their building?  (that was a joke before the rest of the Tryamkin fan club start a bunfight).

I don’t think Tryamkin has been “down their depth chart” but rather, he’s just missed a couple games for undisclosed reasons.

In the games he has played, he’s always been on Avto’s first pairing.

He currently leads their D with 21:33 TOI/G. He has 13 shots, 8 hits, and 9 blocks through 4 games played (1st, 2nd, and 1st on the D in those categories).

And once again today, he’s leading the entire team in minutes, with 14:54 TOI through two periods (2nd period icetime was reduced by him serving 2 PIM for a holding minor).

Vasilevsky and Tryamkin (Avto’s 1st pairing) are the team co-leaders in SOG (3 each) and they’re 1st and 2nd in TOA (time on attack) and TOI so far this game.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I don’t think Tryamkin has been “down their depth chart” but rather, he’s just missed a couple games for undisclosed reasons.

He currently leads their D with 21:33 TOI/G. He has 13 shots, 8 hits, and 9 blocks through 4 games played (1st, 2nd, and 1st on the D in those categories).

And once again today, he’s leading the entire team in minutes, with 14:54 TOI through two periods (2nd period icetime was reduced by him serving 2 PIM for a holding minor).

Vasilevsky and Tryamkin (Avto’s 1st pairing) are the team co-leaders in SOG (3 each) and they’re 1st and 2nd in TOA (time on attack) and TOI so far this game.

Ah yes that game just finished didn't it.

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

He seemed to be riding the pine a bit more in both 3rd period feeds I saw (admittedly all I have seen).   Perhaps he is having some off-ice issues to deal with as injury seems unlikely given the sporadic nature of the games but until I know, I don't know.

30 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

He seemed to be riding the pine a bit more in both 3rd period feeds I saw (admittedly all I have seen).   Perhaps he is having some off-ice issues to deal with as injury seems unlikely given the sporadic nature of the games but until I know, I don't know.

I’m thinking he either has a minor strain or maybe some personal/family issues.

I could see him sitting out a game, getting some treatment, feeling good to go, then not feeling quite right in his game back and needing to take another game off. Might explain the late game usage you saw as well, because he might be fatiguing late if he’s dealing with some pain.

Either that or it’s a personal issue and he just needed the two days to get it sorted.

Anyway, they certainly seem to be using him when he’s in. His average minutes are higher than last season, and today’s game he was once again the high minute man on his squad.

And if he plays from here on out, doesn’t really matter why he missed a couple at the start of the year.

Just now, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I could see him sitting out a game, getting some treatment, feeling good to go, then not feeling quite right in his game back and needing to take another game off. Might explain the late game usage you saw as well, because he might be fatiguing late if he’s dealing with some pain.

Either that or it’s a personal issue and he just needed the two days to get it sorted.

Anyway, they certainly seem to be using him when he’s in. His average minutes are higher than last season, and today’s game he was once again the high minute man on his squad.

And if he plays from here on out, doesn’t really matter why he missed a couple at the start of the year.

Hoping the rest of the year is smooth for him.   His time in 3rd period was steadier today based upon stat sheet.    He now has one assist through his teams first 7 games (he has played in 5) and third on his team for Dmen +/- so far.

3 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Hoping the rest of the year is smooth for him.   His time in 3rd period was steadier today based upon stat sheet.    He now has one assist through his teams first 7 games (he has played in 5) and third on his team for Dmen +/- so far.

I think it’s fair to assume his year will be pretty smooth, absent any real news of actual issues. I find it funny how a couple missed games creates all kinds of wild speculation on CDC, Reddit, Twitter, etc. I tend to assume guys miss games for just the normal hockey reasons until I hear otherwise.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I think it’s fair to assume his year will be pretty smooth, absent any real news of actual issues. I find it funny how a couple missed games creates all kinds of wild speculation on CDC, Reddit, Twitter, etc. I tend to assume guys miss games for just the normal hockey reasons until I hear otherwise.

I will wait until I hear Friday.   

29 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I will wait until I hear Friday.   

Just in case it seemed otherwise, I was talking about the “wild speculation” of others, and not you. I have no problem  with what you posted. Just was playing off your posts to make some points.

I’m interested to hear what you find out this week. My suspicion is that it will be a lot more mundane than some of what I’ve seen discussed.

Most likely it’s just a minor injury or personal issue (and not some intractable rift forming between Tryamkin and Avto that will lead to him buying out his contract and returning to Vancouver).

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

51 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I take it you haven't read the Brock  Boeser thread. :lol:

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I bet he needed to sort something out with his bank and the only two appointment times available were during the two games. I mean, what else could it be?!

On ‎17‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 11:36 AM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

There is recent interview with Tryamkin after the game # 7 against Spartak, Moscow which Avto won 4:2 :

"... I don't have letter "C" anymore? No, I am not disappointed, nothing to worry about. I don't see the difference who is going to do handshake with referees. There was initial decision to make me the team captain and him an assistant. Now this is vice versa, there is no problem here. You all know Dawes very well, he is the KHL leader. His signing is great news for us. We are winning. I missed one game because of the defencemen rotation, and I would not tell you the reason to miss another game. Everything is good, I am playing."

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

There is recent interview with Tryamkin after the game # 7 against Spartak, Moscow which Avto won 4:2 :

"... I don't have letter "C" anymore? No, I am not disappointed, nothing to worry about. I don't see the difference who is going to do handshake with referees. There was initial decision to make me the team captain and him an assistant. Now this is vice versa, there is no problem here. You all know Dawes very well, he is the KHL leader. His signing is great news for us. We are winning. I missed one game because of the defencemen rotation, and I would not tell you the reason to miss another game. Everything is good, I am playing."

Thanks for this. I was wondering if they were doing a rotation with the D. Some of the lineup charts have been a little odd. One of the games Tryamkin and Vasilevsky were out, Mamkin and Bodrov came in and played something like 24 minutes. Then, Tryamkin and Vasilevsky were back in, and Mamkin and Bodrov were both out, after having played well in a win. Seemed too strange to be injuries, so a rotation makes perfect sense. Not a common practice, at least over here in NA (not sure how much they do this in the KHL), but definitely can’t argue with Avto’s results. If they keep winning, and keep their D fresh, it could work well to occasionally rest their top guys throughout the season.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2