The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Wouldn't we have to wait till after the playoffs to sign him? The 2019-20 post-season would still be going on if he was eliminated.

Yes and No. it’s up to his Club team...for early release. The first time Tryamkin came over his Team released him early after they were eliminated from the playoffs. Which was on a MARCH 9th, so the exact same thing could happen. It’s the Same Team I’m not if it’s the same management there tho.

could be next week...he’s back in Vancouver 

• Thanks 1

Just now, HockeyHarry said:

Yes and No. it’s up to his Club team...for early release. The first time Tryamkin came over his Team released him early after they were eliminated from the playoffs. Which was on a MARCH 9th, so the exact same thing could happen. It’s the Same Team I’m not if it’s the same management there tho.

could be next week...he’s back in Vancouver 

Hopefully if he requests it they grant it. 

• Cheers 2

Watching his last game. I think Tryamkin will have a huge shock at the Vancouver newly energized crowd compared to his KHL smaller mello crowd....but the Russians do have their singing chants just like euro soccer does.....which is cool imo and fun when drinking.

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

Longevity is basically, entirely up to him (how he prepares with exercise, diet etc) and luck (injuries and the like). The former requires IMMENSE and long term commitment and dedication. (Not exactly things Try is noted for thus far...FWIW.)

So long as he signs and shows up here, he'll get opportunities. It will be up to him to take them and run with them.

To be fair, some guys do become firtness/nutrition freaks later in their careers... Jagr comes to mind. Not sure if Chara always was this dedicated to fitness and dieting or if it's become more recent due to his age and still wanting to play in the nhl being the driving force behind it.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Kushman said:

To be fair, some guys do become firtness/nutrition freaks later in their careers... Jagr comes to mind. Not sure if Chara always was this dedicated to fitness and dieting or if it's become more recent due to his age and still wanting to play in the nhl being the driving force behind it.

IIRC, Chara started around his mid 20's, so there's still hope!

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

Watching his last game. I think Tryamkin will have a huge shock at the Vancouver newly energized crowd compared to his KHL smaller mello crowd....but the Russians do have their singing chants just like euro soccer does.....which is cool imo and fun when drinking.

I know the last regular season away game their rink looked like a sparse UBC crowd. Crazy, how they can get revenue? 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, babalu said:

Apologies if this has already be answered.

Is Tryamkin eligible to play in the playoffs if signed after his KHL season?

Yeah probably, and something about a group 2 free agent something or other. It's a couple pages back. Woefully boring. 

• Haha 4

Also

April 30 is when his contract ends but there hasn’t been any attempt to negotiate an extension and there could be a mutual termination of contract as soon as Yekaterinburg is out of the playoffs, as pointed out earlier, as soon as two Yekaterinburg losses away.

The last section of:

This Article

Tryamkin would give a massive boost in truculence. Players get injured trying to hit him. That’s ironic reverse psychology right there.

We’re rooting for the blue snowflake at the bottom right of the image.

Two more wins for Novosibirsk and Tryamkin can be signed without waivers, flown in and added.

Depends on contractual termination.

0B5160F2-7488-4493-8D3C-7C8476D1F1CF.jpeg

Edited by Me_
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, babalu said:

Apologies if this has already be answered.

Is Tryamkin eligible to play in the playoffs if signed after his KHL season?

Yes, as long as he is released soon after they are eliminated from playoffs.