The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kyle Pettit | C

Alex the Great

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed he's playing tonight. Is his job more of a checking center?

Wondering if he's responsible for Oshawa's offense going off the rails tonight.

I believe he is a 3rd line shutdown guy. But i'm not to sure about that

Quite a nice lil write up on Kyle Pettit.

Otters head coach Kris Knoblauch gave credit to returning centre Kyle Pettit for a more physical style of play. He skated in a yellow non-contact jersey earlier in the day but then dressed for the first time since breaking a knuckle on his right hand blocking a shot against Windsor on March 14.

“The addition of Kyle Pettit allowed us to play four lines, and not really worry about who played up against who,” said Knoblauch. “Kyle has been so valuable for us. Him coming back from injury gives us a lot.”

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2015/05/11/erie-otters-defeat-oshawa-generals-in-game-3-of-ohl-final.html

Quite a nice lil write up on Kyle Pettit.

Otters head coach Kris Knoblauch gave credit to returning centre Kyle Pettit for a more physical style of play. He skated in a yellow non-contact jersey earlier in the day but then dressed for the first time since breaking a knuckle on his right hand blocking a shot against Windsor on March 14.

“The addition of Kyle Pettit allowed us to play four lines, and not really worry about who played up against who,” said Knoblauch. “Kyle has been so valuable for us. Him coming back from injury gives us a lot.”

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2015/05/11/erie-otters-defeat-oshawa-generals-in-game-3-of-ohl-final.html

Has anyone really watched him play? Really hoping he could develop into a good 4th line center for us down the road. Has really good size.

what makes you say this, no facts to back ur statement up. There is really not much hype on him at all. Meaningless post.

well most 7th round picks are supposed to make it to the show and be a factor in their first year.....duhhh.

You really have to excuse our resident troll. He is very good at riling up alot of posters on here

Just like the other 99% of his posts...

well most 7th round picks are supposed to make it to the show and be a factor in their first year.....duhhh.

You really have to excuse our resident troll. He is very good at riling up alot of posters on here

I know guys haha, I've just never responded to any of them. Sometimes sheer stupidity really gets to me and I can't hold back anymore lol

Petit to Utica?

Hopefully he'll get the call. It'd be a great experience for Kyle to join the Comets taxi squad/black aces for the remainder of their Calder run (especially after also going all the way to the OHL finals with the Otters--although he might need a day or two off before jumping into another intense playoff situation, even as a spare/spectator).

EDIT: I can't remember how things work for unsigned prospects though. Not sure if he'd be able to get a tryout contract or just join the guys in an informal fashion (since Pettit doesn't have an ELC with Vancouver IIRC).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived