The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Snet Pacific staff changes - Taylor & Cmac gone

Wtf is wrong with SNET? They had Don on part time and it was hard enough to see the highlights without him the days he was off and now they're letting him go completely? That cball guy or whatever his name is a total knockoff and sucks anyways.

...horrible move SNET...very disappointing and I'm sure you'll have some pretty pissed off viewers.

Yeah was surprised to hear Don Taylor, dressed in his home denim pants and grey sports jacket with blue and white trim, announce that this Friday will be his last show on Sportsnet. He'll be taking a little 3 week vacay then returning to work full-time with BMac on the afternoon show.

Sounds like it was his decision simply due to him growing tired of the late night hours over the years and is looking forward to working a regular day shift now. He also mentioned that he has nothing but the highest respect for Rogers Sportsnet, and has no plans to due any more TV, but I'd be surprised if TSN doesn't try to lure him into doing something in the future.

I've been watching Donnie give me my late night sports news since his Sports Page days, so it's going to be really weird not seeing him anymore.

Here's the link to the podcast (starts at 11:10)

https://soundcloud.com/b-mac-and-taylor/bmac-taylor-august-5-hour2

Take back what I said. This is much more sensible seeing this now. Too good to be true SNET would let him go. Happy for Don and that he's decided to step back.

Can the Canucks switch to TSN coverage instead?

Have Shorty and Garrett join them. Always liked TSN better than SNET.

1) panel is hands down better/more entertaining segments

2) the hockey experts on there are far more intelligent...(excluding darren dreger :P )

3) the coverage and depth to the analyses of hockey is far more superior than any hockey program I have seen.

Going to be weird to not have Don Taylor after Canucks games with Shorty, Garrett, Murph...

Would you prefer Dave Randorf?

Randorf is doing NHL games for Sportsnet, jeez he's terrible. TSN had him doing low-key international tournaments because he's so bad!

Sportsnet has better guys than Randorf, they have Caroline Cameron, Ken Reid, some other guys.

Going to be weird to not have Don Taylor after Canucks games with Shorty, Garrett, Murph...

Randorf is doing NHL games for Sportsnet, jeez he's terrible. TSN had him doing low-key international tournaments because he's so bad!

Sportsnet has better guys than Randorf, they have Caroline Cameron, Ken Reid, some other guys.

Donny stepping down will leave a bit of a gap on the Connected re-brand , that's for sure. I'm not sexist, but listening to a woman calling the Canucks games would be weird.

I guess I'm by myself here in saying that I actually like James Cybulski. Also, Caroline Cameron is hot, so I'm cool to keep watching Connected in the AM.

I liked Don, too, but respect his decision (assuming it was his). I could take it or leave it with MacEwan.

Archived