The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Goal Song?

Steve Carell

Agreed. It was terrible. Nobody knew what it was at the game. Can't sing along or anything to some s*&t you don't know.

Using Pantera Walk for the power play was cool, if only the crowd also knew it and could sing along. RE! SPECT!

Unfortunately it was a typical lame a$$ Rogers crowd. People only got into it a little bit after the Hammer tilt.

Could you tell me whose responsibility is it to select the Canucks' music, like goal song, pp song etc...?
And, now this U2 song will be the staple song for the Canucks goals in 14/15 season or it could be changed anytime? 'Cause i know that the last 1-2 year the goal song was Cluctch - Electric Worry, and in 2011 - Green Day - Holiday. So there isn't many goal song changes in three years...

What's wrong with some of you?!

The song is awesome, it's most probably edited so the fans can do the "ohhh" chant but you act like fans used to sing along to the old goal songs.

NOBODY sang along to our goal songs, everyone says wooo, yeah, or claps.

U2 and the Canucks go way back, so for us to have a goal song by them makes sense, and the lyrics aren't weak either for all you lames. This is also a new song from their new album, which makes it a fresh song for a fresh start.

It could be so much worse for us, we could have the Leafs DJ and our goal song can be "Best Day of my Life"

What's wrong with some of you?!

The song is awesome, it's most probably edited so the fans can do the "ohhh" chant but you act like fans used to sing along to the old goal songs.

NOBODY sang along to our goal songs, everyone says wooo, yeah, or claps.

U2 and the Canucks go way back, so for us to have a goal song by them makes sense, and the lyrics aren't weak either for all you lames. This is also a new song from their new album, which makes it a fresh song for a fresh start.

It could be so much worse for us, we could have the Leafs DJ and our goal song can be "Best Day of my Life"

the problem is u2 is insufferable both musically and politically, the song sucks big time and doesn't fit as a goal song even if it didn't.

Archived