The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Martin Brodeur with Blues

One thing I kind of wonder though, the Devils have made it pretty clear they have little to no faith in Clemmensen. Why not bring Brodeur back but make it very clear that it's Schneider's time now? New Jersey gets a reliable back up goalie and Brodeur finishes his career as a Devil. Win/win?

One thing I kind of wonder though, the Devils have made it pretty clear they have little to no faith in Clemmensen. Why not bring Brodeur back but make it very clear that it's Schneider's time now? New Jersey gets a reliable back up goalie and Brodeur finishes his career as a Devil. Win/win?

Probably the same reason why Luongo didn't want to be a backup to Schneider.

He's already won everything a hockey goalie can win. He will be in the hall of fame. He should just retire. I hate it when guys hang in there for so long. There's no need. I think that Cup run a couple years back kinda made him think he's still good enough to play. I just don't know if the the current NHL needs an old school stand up goalie even though he's adjusted his style a bit over the years.

I don't see it working out because Marty doesn't want to be a backup.

He wants to play, and he won't sign unless he will be the starter.

Obviously STL doesn't have great goaltending in Elliot and Allen, but if they sign Brodeur that means they will have to move Elliot (since Allen is young and has a future). Not sure if the Blues are ready to commit to Marty as their starter.

Hate to see loyal players like Iginla, Brodeur and Alfredsson end up finishing their careers on random teams they have no connection with but I guess that's the way the league goes sometimes. Now Alfie is retired, Brodeur has been replaced and Iginla's old team is far better than his new team.

Archived