The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Manitoba Moose Return as the Winnipeg Farm Team

Can Winnipeg support both teams? The Moose did great while they were the only team in town but now with the Jets around you would think less people will be inclined to go to a Moose game.

Hmm I don't think so. I bet lots of people would've watched the baby Canucks in Abbotsford. Not to open that debate up again, but they definitely would've filled seats.

Can Winnipeg support both teams? The Moose did great while they were the only team in town but now with the Jets around you would think less people will be inclined to go to a Moose game.

Being from the Winnipeg area, I would have said "no" a few years ago. However, the demand for Jets tickets continues to be incredibly high. And with the tickets for the Moose significantly cheaper, I see Winnipeg being more than capable of supporting an AHL team.

Winnipeg has a bright future so I'm sure people will go to watch the gems of there farm system

That's the other reason why I'm sure the team will have no problem being supported for the first few years. The Jets have drafted incredibly well over the last 4 years, so the team will be competitive.

Also, people in Winnipeg are very aware how difficult it is to attract players to come and play here. Having young players establish roots in Winnipeg early on makes it more likely that they will stay.

CELJYY9VIAE3hHB.jpg

They should have the Primary Mark as the Jersey Crest. The wording and the forest in the background add a lot to the logo. Just the head by itself looks too plain.

I do however really like the color scheme. I was worried at first when I read they were changing the colors from Green and Brown but the Blue looks good.

i'm disappointed in the colour change, to be honest.

Me too. It looks even worse on the jersey. It looks faded or like it was cut from google images on the jerseys, which isn't a good thing :P

Archived