The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

T-Bay bans other teams jerseys?

I never heard of this and looked for a current thread and couldnt find one but I find this absolutely unreal..really hard to believe but this story from Hockey Feed....

The Tampa Bay Lightning have taken another step down a very dark road.

NHL hockey fans were already extremely upset when it was announced that the Lightning had placed a ban on opposing team jersey’s during their series against the Montreal Canadiens.

Now it appears not only is the ban still in place for fans of the Rangers, but the Lightning are responding to complaints from fans in the arena snitching on Rangers fans in attendance.

This tweet was sent out by a Lightning fan and as you can see the Lightning promplty responded.

This isn’t a one time incident either, in fact fans are seeding the exact seat number to the Lightning to have the Rangers’ fans, or at least their jerseys removed.

Tweet-bolts-shirt1_zps5or7mw83.jpg

Disgusting move by Tampa. What about the fans of other teams who live in Tampa and only get to go to a game once or twice a year, if that? Tampa Bay has no right to throw out Rangers fans for supporting their team. Besides, most of Tampa's sale come from visiting fans of other teams. What a stupid move.

Disgusting move by Tampa. What about the fans of other teams who live in Tampa and only get to go to a game once or twice a year, if that? Tampa Bay has no right to throw out Rangers fans for supporting their team. Besides, most of Tampa's sale come from visiting fans of other teams. What a stupid move.

There's a difference between 5% and 55%, lol.

I'm actually curious how legal that would be.

In certain areas, sure. In the whole arena....that's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

It doesn't matter if it's private property....I'd like to see where they state this fact in their ticket sales.

I'm sure they have some vague legal disclaimer on the back of the ticket that says they have the right to refuse admission to a patron for whatever reason the deem fit. Its a petty decision, but I'm sure the organization is protected from a lawsuit.

Good. I hate the Rangers. Any injustice against them and their fans is a justice for the rest of us.

Lets face it folks, of the 4 remaining teams only Tampa is not evil.

#neverforget94/07/09/10/Keith/Kesler

Archived