The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VAN Kevin Bieksa to ANA

SJ likely wont trade for Miller but i wouldn't say its 100% it wouldnt happen.

If SJ is looking for a goalie and talking to vancouver you have to think they would atleast want to know the price to acquire miller knowing that they would likely be able to keep him around for years after this current deal, he is legit a #1, and they have space and assets to deal.

They are stronger contenders with Miller and Bieksa added to their line up than Lack.

Lack would come cheaper but only has 1 year before free agency where as miller they get 2 years guaranteed.

Plus Lack suits where we are in building better than miller for us where miller is better for them. Yes the optics are not good signing a guy and trading him a year into his deal but we all know Miller would rather be in SJ so its not all that bad in reality.

Either way likely not happening.

SJ likely wont trade for Miller but i wouldn't say its 100% it wouldnt happen.

If SJ is looking for a goalie and talking to vancouver you have to think they would atleast want to know the price to acquire miller knowing that they would likely be able to keep him around for years after this current deal, he is legit a #1, and they have space and assets to deal.

They are stronger contenders with Miller and Bieksa added to their line up than Lack.

Lack would come cheaper but only has 1 year before free agency where as miller they get 2 years guaranteed.

Plus Lack suits where we are in building better than miller for us where miller is better for them. Yes the optics are not good signing a guy and trading him a year into his deal but we all know Miller would rather be in SJ so its not all that bad in reality.

Either way likely not happening.

Agree with all this except the optics part: if Miller would rather be there and says so publicly, then there's no stigma for us.

If anyones looking to kill time before the draft, I suggest watching the movie draft day if you havent seen it. Quality movie.

But that would prevent me from compulsively jumping between sources in a desperate attempt to get news!

What makes you so sure?

Dreger said that there was an extension in place for the Juice should the deal go through. Working on the finer details. Maybe SJ is waiting to see if they are going to be able to get in on the Talbot sweepstakes or not. Lack sounds like plan B at this point for a lot of teams.

VAN:

Lack

Bieksa

Stanton

NYR 5th

SJS:

9th OA

SJS 6th/7th

That looks decent, although I am truly not sure San Jose wants to go from #9 Overall to not having a 1st rounder. Unless Wilson is that much of an idiot.

If Benning keeps 23 & lands 9th that would be pretty sweet and add quite a bit more to our prospect pool.

TSN is reporting that trades are being delayed because they want Bettman to announce it during the draft to spike ratings.

It's the first time the Draft is nationally televised In the states.

They're saying that they belive it's possible but they don't know for sure.

Archived