The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VAN Kevin Bieksa to ANA

Provorov

Barzal

Zacha

In that order.

Missing Werenski.

Where do people rank Werenski in terms of comparing him to Hanifin or Provorov?

Is he that much better than guys like Kylington or Roy to make it worth it to move up?

Provorov is more dynamic but Werenski projects to a "Seabrook". Yes please.

Pair him in the future with whichever of Hutton, Subban etc maxes out higher.

Would you take him or Rantanen if both were available?

I personally think Rantanen looks like a young Kopitar, and would love to draft him if we had a chance.

I would also take Rantanen. He's the big playmaking centre that we sorely need.

Imagine Rantanen being the set up guy for Virtanen for the next 10 years. That is a very exciting thought.

Werenski > Provorov for us imo

They both would be fantastic for us.

I am a big Werenski fan as well, I really think he could be the best Dman in draft.

Each of the top 3 dman all have top pairing potential and #1 DMAN potential in my opinion

I personally think Rantanen looks like a young Kopitar, and would love to draft him if we had a chance.

It is a tough choice, but I think Werenski has been slightly under-rated / in the shadows of all the Hanifin/Provorov talk.

Imo he has outstanding upside and might even fit this team's needs as well as those other two - I absolutely love his vision (very impressive in the WJC) - he moves extremely well - and he's also quite young - he's 7 or 8 months younger than most of his peers in this draft. When you look at his production this year, it stands up extremely well relative to the best defensemen in college hockey. If you compare him to a guy like Mike Reilly at 17/18/19 years of age, actually close to what Reilly did at 20, for example, it puts his potential in pretty strong perspective.

That said - I don't believe this will be a trade up situation.

I think we're looking at SJ 2nd, which imo is just fine, because the number of excellent young blueliners that will be available early in the 2nd round of this draft is quite worthwhile imo.

Provorov or trade down.

If the guy JB is looking at is gone perhaps something like 9th for 13th/14th + 2nd a bit risky if there is another player on the board that is a bubble top 10 pick. Still get a strong player (again potential for a bubble top 10 player who falls out) and recoops a 2nd rounder (most likely a mid 2nd)

Is he that much better than guys like Kylington or Roy to make it worth it to move up?

Craig Button has repeatly said over the last 24 hours. He feels Provorov is the #1 d in the draft, Werenski is #2, and Hannifin is #3. He beliveves the hype arounnd Hannifin is a little over the top. Heard him say it 3 times since last night including this morning on toronto's radio station team 1050.

Believe he said Provorov and Werenski potential #1 D and Hannifin being a very good #2 D. He feels Hannifin lacks the vision and offensive instincts to make him a #1 D man despite his good skating. He can carry the puck in the zone but lacks creavivity in the offensive zone. Heard that this morning around 5:30am

Craig Button has repeatly said over the last 24 hours. He feels Provorov is the #1 d in the draft, Werenski is #2, and Hannifin is #3. He beliveves the hype arounnd Hannifin is a little over the top. Heard him say it 3 times since last night including this morning on toronto's radio station team 1050.

now tell my wjat he said about virtanen last year

Believe he said Provorov and Werenski potential #1 D and Hannifin being a very good #2 D. He feels Hannifin lacks the vision and offensive instincts to make him a #1 D man despite his good skating. He can carry the puck in the zone but lacks creavivity in the offensive zone. Heard that this morning around 5:30am

Not sure why he has Hannifin so high on his list. But he's said since then he feels Provorov is for sure #1 d. Hannifin is beleived to be 3rd. Hes kinda flip flopping on his picks.

Craig button ranks werenski higher than hanafin, but then he's also not impressed by hanifin and has him ranked 12th and said something like he has no offensive game. Of course this is also craig button we're talking about!

Provorov is a top 10 pick, he can do everything the other guys can do as well as bring the offense like no other D in the draft. The other guy was right he's probably not on the board still if we somehow got 9.

Which is why I say trade down if Provorov is gone where we can still get a rantanen, Werenski, white, Svechnikov, Gurianov. There's not much difference in talent there really.

Hanifin's game has less kinks in it and his skating is something else. Consensus #3 overall this season.

Button is pretty boom and bust himself. He likes to take a rather original take that is quite a departure at times from consensus scouting - so while I do listen to the guy in context, I find him pretty 50/50 as to whether he's on or off - he's certainly not the most consistent source imo (which probably contributed to his lack of success as a GM - imo you need to be more consistently on to cut it as a general manager).

Archived