The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

9 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I have a few thoughts on this whole situation:

1. I suspect Brock is the type to just leave everything to his agent without having any part in the discussions at all, but you have to imagine at some point, if he really wants to play, he'd step in and have a chat with his agent. After all, his agent works for Boeser, so if Boeser wants to get signed and his agent isn't making it happen, Boeser can do something about that.

From what I've heard/read, he has.  To the extent that his Mom has told him not to answer questions and to just focus on family and training/playing hockey.  But I do feel that would eventually happen - that he'll put his interests in his own hands to some degree if he feels things aren't happening that possibly could be.

I trust in the process....I just hate it.

• Upvote 2

I'd be more concerned if I was a Leafs, Jets or Flames fan. Marner, Laine and Tkachuk seem to be the type of players that will hold out until they get what they want. And without those players on those teams, they won't be the same.

Boeser is a real good player, heck of a shot, but he hasn't done a whole lot yet. He's not the Canucks best player. He's been out a couple of times with long term injuries, and struggled to get going last year, and the Canucks still managed to do okay. I think losing Tanev and Edler probably hurt them more. This year, especially, they have brought in better forward players, so they should still do okay if Boeser decides to sit. I'm not worried at all. I think he'll sign at the last minuite, but he'll also need extra time to get up to speed.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

From what I've heard/read, he has.  To the extent that his Mom has told him not to answer questions and to just focus on family and training/playing hockey.  But I do feel that would eventually happen - that he'll put his interests in his own hands to some degree if he feels things aren't happening that possibly could be.

I trust in the process....I just hate it.

its really too bad that these negotiations are done so much in the media now, its not healthy. Fans only get bits and pieces and have no real sense of the actual discussions going on. 

I suspect with his dad getting off the vent (a huge step) and now on to probably a very long road of recovery Brock will have the mental capacity to think more about the contract, etc. He seems to have very good people around him as well so something will get done soon. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

He has not missed a practice or the beginning of Training camp so I do not see any "hurt".

Training camp hasn't started yet. Only the prospects have been in a camp. I believe training camp starts either on Friday or early next week. If he isn't signed by then, it's very likely he won't be at training camp until he does.

22 minutes ago, gurn said:

He has not missed a practice or the beginning of Training camp so I do not see any "hurt".

To have the media "focused" on our team (for anything other than positive, forward facing news) is always a concern.    It generates momentum and tends to hang around.  I'd rather just have the buzz of hype/excitement, NOT rumours and speculation.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its really too bad that these negotiations are done so much in the media now, its not healthy. Fans only get bits and pieces and have no real sense of the actual discussions going on. 

I suspect with his dad getting off the vent (a huge step) and now on to probably a very long road of recovery Brock will have the mental capacity to think more about the contract, etc. He seems to have very good people around him as well so something will get done soon. 

I also do consider a family decision to NOT engage in any way and just let the guy paid to take care of this handle business.  But there comes a point of stalemate where someone's gotta give.   

With all that's going on with Duke, I'd imagine most energy is being placed there.  Rightfully so.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

To have the media "focused" on our team (for anything other than positive, forward facing news) is always a concern.    It generates momentum.

The media will/would just try to create some other crap storm, it is in their nature.

In the old west a wagon train would go past a town, the town dogs would bark and bark, but the train just kept moving along.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1