The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Suicide squad trailer

messier's_elbow

I think the joker looks a little weird (not in a good way) it still looks like Leto is still sporting his HIV patient look.

Whenever studios start showing a lot of footage of a film that isn't even scheduled to come out for over a year, I start to question just how bad it will end up.

Studios always have screen tests to see what's going well and what isn't and make the appropriate changes. However, I think because of the negative response they were getting just from the images people were seeing of Leto's Joker, the studio felt they should start releasing footage to "test" how the public responds. That way they can start making changes before it even gets to the testing screeners.

That said, when you show too much, like this trailer does, it takes away from the mystery of the film. I still remember how "hush hush" Nolan was with revealing Ledger's Joker and especially Eckhart's Two-Face. You couldn't get an image of Two-Face until the movie was already released.

With over a year until the film's release, I can only think this is heading in the wrong direction. Don't want to judge a movie before I see it, so I'm not going to say it's garbage. But, the trailer certainly doesn't make it look good.

Whenever studios start showing a lot of footage of a film that isn't even scheduled to come out for over a year, I start to question just how bad it will end up.

Studios always have screen tests to see what's going well and what isn't and make the appropriate changes. However, I think because of the negative response they were getting just from the images people were seeing of Leto's Joker, the studio felt they should start releasing footage to "test" how the public responds. That way they can start making changes before it even gets to the testing screeners.

That said, when you show too much, like this trailer does, it takes away from the mystery of the film. I still remember how "hush hush" Nolan was with revealing Ledger's Joker and especially Eckhart's Two-Face. You couldn't get an image of Two-Face until the movie was already released.

With over a year until the film's release, I can only think this is heading in the wrong direction. Don't want to judge a movie before I see it, so I'm not going to say it's garbage. But, the trailer certainly doesn't make it look good.

I love Ledger's Joker. He was perfect for that role, and in contrast, it set high expectations for Leto and his portrayal. I don't like the shirtless Joker. The classic purple and green suit should have stayed. If they wanted to update the look, have him without the coat, with just the white shirt and two tone vest.

I do like the voice, and his demeanor is spot on. I can deal with the shirt hair since the Joker originally had short hair.

I'm not going to let the portrayal of a character ruin the movie for me, but I'm also not getting my hopes up.

I love Ledger's Joker. He was perfect for that role, and in contrast, it set high expectations for Leto and his portrayal. I don't like the shirtless Joker. The classic purple and green suit should have stayed. If they wanted to update the look, have him without the coat, with just the white shirt and two tone vest.

I do like the voice, and his demeanor is spot on. I can deal with the shirt hair since the Joker originally had short hair.

I'm not going to let the portrayal of a character ruin the movie for me, but I'm also not getting my hopes up.

the joker is wearing a dark purple trench coat in the trailer if you look closely.

...So done with Superhero movies...

...and yet my favourite show right now is Netflix's Daredevil.

Daredevil was done really well. In fact, I think Daredevil currently has "The Dark Knight" thing going for it. What I mean is that, while The Dark Knight is a very good film, I think it's better than it actually is because Heath Ledger's portrayal of Joker is so good.

Same with Daredevil. It's good, but it's even better due to Vincent D'Onofrio's portrayal of Kingpin.

Daredevil was done really well. In fact, I think Daredevil currently has "The Dark Knight" thing going for it. What I mean is that, while The Dark Knight is a very good film, I think it's better than it actually is because Heath Ledger's portrayal of Joker is so good.

Same with Daredevil. It's good, but it's even better due to Vincent D'Onofrio's portrayal of Kingpin.

I agree. They gave Fisk a very believable origin. Kept close to the storylines in the comics. The chemistry with him an Vanessa was really well done. Fisk is a killer, and criminal mastermind, but he wants to be more. All the nice suits, nice apartment, but he can't run away from himself. And the love for a woman, he let's his guard down.

Suicide Squad looks intriguing, but I don't know how it's really gonna far box-office wise...DC is totally hoping they pull of a "Guardians of the Galaxy" coup like Marvel with little-known characters, the question is do they have the actors to pull it off & how will the dark motif play out to wider audiences?

Part of the appeal of "Guardians" was the fact that it's a really fun movie...this one looks almost disturbing...I imagine I have a 70% chance of really digging it, but I'd be shocked if it earns double it's budget at the box-office.

2015 was hyped as one of the best years for movies in a long long while.

Yet has turned out to be incredibly disappointing.

I am hoping that some of the upcoming movies over the next 6 months can salvage things. But sadly...meh

2015 was hyped as one of the best years for movies in a long long while.

Yet has turned out to be incredibly disappointing.

I am hoping that some of the upcoming movies over the next 6 months can salvage things. But sadly...meh

2016 has a pretty huge list of big films.

Wife and I plan ahead for the next year of films and decide how often to use our SCENE Visa (so we don't have to pay for any movies), this year we didn't anticipate seeing more than 5-8 films, and we're right on track for 6. Next year, we're already anticipating seeing 17 films, and that's pretty much a bare minimum. Liking next year a lot better.

Probably the best actor out of everyone in that trailer.

Obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And I like Will Smith.

BUT, if Will Smith is the best actor out of everyone, then we're in trouble. His track record lately has been spotty.

Archived