The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Let it begin: Lucic's time in LA could be short.

Ilya Mikheyev

This idea that Lucic has peaked is funny. He's 27 years old.

He was part of a Bruins team that had a horrible year and missed the playoffs. Everyone sucked wind on that team.

I can see him killing it in LA. He's a winner going into a winning environment.

The Canucks need to create a winning environment for the kids to play in. Right now, it's a pretty lukewarm environment where scraping by has been acceptable.

And with that type of malaise comes the vitriolic attitudes of posters on this board. Lucic is a born and bred Vancouverite who returns to his home every off season. His statements are positive towards his home, yet some feckless posters here would prefer to dreg up controversy surrounding a fight he got into at the Roxy. Really? A fight at the Roxy is akin to water in a lake.

Johansen ain't coming here. Neither is Seabrook.

Appreciate that there still are notable star player like Lucic and E. Kane that want to play for their hometown.

E. Kane and Lucic as our two top left wingers would be great! The I think about having guys like those two, the more I realize just how incredibly soft we have been in our top minute guys. Were we the easiest team to play against?

I'm okay with Lucic signing with us.

He just needs to clean up his act, and I don't see how that's an issue if he really does want to play for us.

6mil for 5 years is my guess.

This attitude that the Canucks are the moral high ground of the NHL is really ridiculous. This is hockey, not ballroom dancing.

Kesler, Burrows, Lapierre, Torres, Rome and others didn't exactly clean up their act to get the team to within one win, did they?

With the direction this team is going, I would way rather get Lucic than Seabrook. Lucic-Horvat-Virtanen is scary.
Sure, us paying 5.5 mil + would indicate he would be on the top line, but that's not necessarily the case. He could play special teams and make us a four line powerhouse no one wants to face.

Already depressed at the prospect of paying 15+ mill for Sbisa, Sutter, and Lucic next year. No way Benning gets Lucic for less than 7 mil. Even if Lucic was willing to take less, Benning will offer him more.

And I'd bet even if we signed him as a free agent Benning would still try to give up a second round pick somehow.

And I'd bet even if we signed him as a free agent Benning would still try to give up a second round pick somehow.

Already depressed at the prospect of paying 15+ mill for Sbisa, Sutter, and Lucic next year. No way Benning gets Lucic for less than 7 mil. Even if Lucic was willing to take less, Benning will offer him more.

With fans like that, I don't get how the Canucks aren't loaded in Stanley Cups.

How inspiring.

When interviewed on the Bro Jake Show on Monday, Lucic did say that from the time he was a kid he wanted to be a Canuck. So lots of players have a team that they fantasized about as kids.

He's the Kings property now and if he has a decent year, they'll make him an offer that he won't refuse. They already gave up a 1st round pick (13 OA), Martin Jones, and Colin Miller....they'll want to keep him.

When interviewed on the Bro Jake Show on Monday, Lucic did say that from the time he was a kid he wanted to be a Canuck. So lots of players have a team that they fantasized about as kids.

He's the Kings property now and if he has a decent year, they'll make him an offer that he won't refuse. They already gave up a 1st round pick (13 OA), Martin Jones, and Colin Miller....they'll want to keep him.

According to Lombardi, talks between the Kings and Kopitar "aren't even close" at the present, so that may throw a wrench in your prediction. And seeing as how Lucic will be a free agent, he will have the freedom to choose where he plays. Not Lombardi.

He grew up during an exciting time in Canucks history. Hopefully there will be more future BC boys with the same dream.

According to Lombardi, talks between the Kings and Kopitar "aren't even close" at the present, so that may throw a wrench in your prediction. And seeing as how Lucic will be a free agent, he will have the freedom to choose where he plays. Not Lombardi.

Just checked the Kings cap situation. It looks like they're alright for the coming year but after that.....

Kopitar is a UFA at the end of next season at a present hit of $6.8M.

So, you're suggesting that the Kings are "all in" this year and after that, they may not be in the game for re-signing Lucic even if they wanted to be?

Interesting.....

Just checked the Kings cap situation. It looks like they're alright for the coming year but after that.....

Kopitar is a UFA at the end of next season at a present hit of $6.8M.

So, you're suggesting that the Kings are "all in" this year and after that, they may not be in the game for re-signing Lucic even if they wanted to be?

Interesting.....

He's saying Lucic can decline to sign there even if they throw a pile of money at him.

Archived