The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Let it begin: Lucic's time in LA could be short.

Ilya Mikheyev

^^^ yep. He probably would work great with the twins but that, to me, doesn't make it worthwhile signing him.

Yeah Lucic at $5m for say 4 years I could see that working just fine with the twins window before retirement.

Problem is there's no way he signs for that little money or term unless he pulls a Hamhuis and that would also include an NTC.

Well exactly. I don't want us paying $7m+ for a beat up 3rd liner in a few years. That money can be far better spent elsewhere. Like say OUR DEFENSE.

I'm soooooo glad there is some sense on this board! Imagine if Lucic was from somewhere in the states?

The "homegrown boy" craze is sickening sometimes. Especially when it's over a player that we definitely don't need.

the canucks have plenty of physicality and toughness, sure, but not like lucic.

firstly, the guy brings size, strength, physicality, toughness and intimidation to the top 6, which the canucks have none of presently.

secondly, and more importantly, with a guy like lucic on the team, everybody else's balls grow 3 sizes instantly.

Exactly. There are so many posters willing to write off a Stanley Cup champion who is only 27, who has been a 20 goal scorer for more than one season at 6'4" 230 lbs, and has pummeled his way through the ranks of the NHL to be one of the most feared players in the league.

He would dramatically improve the top six and give every Canuck on the ice with him much more space and time.

Other teams and fanbases would kill to have the prototypical power forward in their lineup, but some Canucks fans hate him because of nut shots and handshake threats, but love Burrows who has a penchant for pulling hair during fights.

And I think Burrows is awesome. Burr and Looch would be awesome linemates too. They would drive the opposing team nuts.

And Seabrook is 30. So he's potentially on the downslope of his career as well.

Archived