The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ferklund - what will be the Canucks response on opening night?

HarryCanuck

It's a sad affair, but I'm seeing the new NHL, where there are no more real face punchers - and certainly no honor code - and rats run amuck without answer, as one where it will be an eye for an eye response. Ferland runs our top guys, so we run yours. The star players will become, even more so, the targets of retribution.

Right on. There is nothing like peer pressure when their best players start getting run. They run your goalie, you run theirs. Ferlund runs Hank or Danny, a Canuck needs to run their star player. Run Giordano every time he gets the puck and I will guarantee peer pressure from the team captain will slow Ferland down. But it is even better if five or six guys run Giordano several times a game. You don't let up on him the entire game. Watch the change in Ferlunds game guaranteed.

There is lots to be said about finishing the check.

Haven't posted in a while but saw this thread and just wanted to say...

FERLUND MADE BIEKSA HIS B!TCH ALL SERIES LONG. It was so pathetic. Classic Bieksa.

Notice how it took Anaheim one game (maybe one period?) before Ferlund was out of that series.

This is my guess as to why the Canucks traded for Prust, who along with Dorsett and Virtanen, will provide a lot of sandpaper for our forward group this year.

You are right, there was not a Canuck that answered the bell in response. Ten Canuck hits should equal one Ferlund hit. A clown running around like he did, especially in your barn needs to be force trained. That is the only answer to that crap. Answer the bloody bell ten fold.

Dont think you got the gist of what I was saying, Jake has taken would be hitters and knocked their ass down on the ice, thats what I was trying to get across

If that's your gist, then just remember that this 19-year-old has only played very few hockey games against anything other than kids.

just google calgary and puck there is a whole ~200 page discussion about "vancouver is no good" in their forums...team bashing, city bashing, its a good laugh...

The irony here is you guys go there and get all pissed off about what is said about the Canucks. Who the hell cares. Calgary made the playoffs last year. Big deal, one year in a row. This is a new year. All their success last year has been flushed, it means dick this season.

The response is easy, have the defence execute quick breakouts. Too many times they just handle the puck skating aimlessly then throwing a $&!#ty pass up the middle. Barkowski and Hutton should improve our ability to do this, I loved their skating ability with the puck. Hopefully sbisa and weber show up

He may only be 19 but he likes to fight and he is as tough as nails. He will waltz and win with the best of them. Call him baby Lucic.

Baby Lucic? Oh god are you going to be disappointed. Jake is horrible with the mits off. He had Prust teaching him how to just tie people up if someone comes after him the other day.

He's never and will never be known as a fighter. Nevermind a top10 heavyweight.

Purely from a style standpoint not production, he will be far more like Rick Nash with some Cory Perry edge to his game than ever will be a tough guy like Lucic.

Man, CDC can be so stupid sometimes. Pages full of crap complaining about one player (who isn't really that good).

People complaining need to grow up and accept what happened and move on.

This is the problem. He gets way too much attention that too from a rival team. More than he deserves actually. He played his part well in the playoffs. He surely did and did play some cheap shots. Having said that he's not as scary as people make him out to be. He's big, yes, but nothing other than that. He's not got otherworldly skill that makes him a threat. He's a threat only as long as you make him out to be. I am sure he's the least of worries for us.

No one is saying Jake is some sort of tough guy/enforcer.

However, he is a physical freak. He is disproportionately strong for a kid of 6'1, 208lbs. He is also an exceptional skater and nightmarishly fast and explosive.

Some reminders.

This kid was coming in for a big check on Jake. JV still launched him in the other direction immediately after making his pass.

Here he is again. Carrying the puck and plastering a guy who is 6'5, 225lbs, and the one initiating contact.

I'm not saying Jake could go out there and throwdown with John Scott or something. I'm saying if a guy like Ferklund starts taking runs at the Canucks, he could be in for a rude awakening.

Archived