The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] ESPN: canucks "waiting" to discuss extension with vrbata

Canucks Curse

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm wondering if it's one of those, where the agent is involved with a team he sees the Canucks trading Vrby to, but the trade can only go through if there is a contract in place?  Vrby and his agent would be on board.  For example, the islanders would be interested in him, but only if signed to a couple more years.

One of those? Has there EVER been one of these type of deals signed in NHL history?

Why would you trade a pick or player for a guy who is headed for UFA, when you can just wait til he's a F/A and sign him for your own 2 year contract and keep your pick?

The only time this happens is a trade to a team looking for a rental. Why would Vancouver sign him with the intention of trading him in a pre-arranged deal? What if the other GM backs out when Vrbata gets hurt or something? This would be the dumbest deal in NHL history and would make GMJB the doormat of the league.

If you want Vrbata, give us something for him and sign your own deal. If not then he walks to UFA...either way GMJB isn't saddled with a contract he may not want or can't trade.

1 minute ago, ABNuck said:

One of those? Has there EVER been one of these type of deals signed in NHL history?

Why would you trade a pick or player for a guy who is headed for UFA, when you can just wait til he's a F/A and sign him for your own 2 year contract and keep your pick?

The only time this happens is a trade to a team looking for a rental. Why would Vancouver sign him with the intention of trading him in a pre-arranged deal? What if the other GM backs out when Vrbata gets hurt or something? This would be the dumbest deal in NHL history and would make GMJB the doormat of the league.

If you want Vrbata, give us something for him and sign your own deal. If not then he walks to UFA...either way GMJB isn't saddled with a contract he may not want or can't trade.

This makes my idea look really stupid, which (after reading your post) it clearly is. You sure too me to the wood shed on that one!:lol:. My furry ass is still sore from the whooping.:(

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

This makes my idea look really stupid, which (after reading your post) it clearly is. You sure too me to the wood shed on that one!:lol:. My furry ass is still sore from the whooping.:(

Your comment actually shocked me...I had to double check and make sure it wasn't a CANUKTRAVELA post. I certainly have come to expect MUCH MORE from you Gordon.

You guys are idiots. 

When a GM is interested in acquiring a player they don't physically scout the player. They go online, look up his stats and cruse the message boards to analyze the players on ice skillz

We need to start praising the players we don't want so they are traded for lucrative returnz. 

If I was a team looking for the final piece to send me into Lord Stanley's mug Vrbata would be the guy. 

Id call Benning and be like, "just shut up and take what you want." I won't be needing pick number 30 of the draft either, so you can throw that in your cart. 

13 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

You guys are idiots. 

When a GM is interested in acquiring a player they don't physically scout the player. They go online, look up his stats and cruse the message boards to analyze the players on ice skillz

We need to start praising the players we don't want so they are traded for lucrative returnz. 

If I was a team looking for the final piece to send me into Lord Stanley's mug Vrbata would be the guy. 

Id call Benning and be like, "just shut up and take what you want." I won't be needing pick number 30 of the draft either, so you can throw that in your cart. 

Well you would a great GM:rolleyes:

They absolutely should not resign him. I don't think they will either. They brought him in last season to replace goals lost to Kesler and provide the Sedins with a shooter and he succeeded but overall he isn't the kind of guy you resign. His age, history of inconsistency especially in the playoffs, and the fact he is a lucrative trade asset come deadline time are enough reasoms not to. If your gonna rebuild or retool do it properly don't be resigning 35 year olds who probably won't match last years stats ever again.  

I hope he's moved sooner than later, I think the team needs a shake up anyways. I know we would get more for him at the TDL, but I cant stand watching him play right now.

Up to this point, IMO I haven't seen anything from him. He looks bored and uninterested to me.

When he isn't scoring he's not really bringing anything else to the table. As someone else said earlier, I'd rather have 2 20 goal guys, and I'll also add with some grit, than him.

Well based on his overall production so far, I'd suggest 2 years at 2.5 mill per year max. Dorsett/Higgins money. This way it wouldn't be difficult to trade him if he keeps shooting bricks or move him down the line-up where he currently belongs.

On a side note, he has the worst shooting % out of everyone on the team who has scored at least a goal with a measly 4.1 % shooting accuracy.

Archived