The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van-Edm

Justin Schultz is losing favour in EDM this year and they're talking about treating him as a rental to sell of at the deadline because they're not sure they want to qualify him next year.

This is where the canucks swoop in:

Van: Schultz (4M)

Edm: Higgins, Weber (2.5M and 1.5M)

Salary Cap is the exact same.

Higgins is exactly what Edmonton needs in their bottom six, a good 2 way player who can pk and keep goals out. Weber is a replacement depth D. 

Schulz can QB our second unit and we can shelter him on the 3rd pairing. If he finds his game we qualify him in the offseason... If not we don't. We lose practically nothing because Higgins can be replaced by Gaunce or Kennins and is realistically only worth a 3rd if we sold him off. 

We really need a PP QB, i think it's worth a shot.

He had his chance to join us back then. I doubt Edmonton trades him, he's one of their better defenseman even though their whole defense group sucks. That would be a huge win for us if this deal went through. He still has some potential.

1 minute ago, Teemu Selänne said:

In the first 30 games of last year, he had like 5 goals and 13 points or something like that. At that point, with a 650,000 contract, he may have been worth a late pick or so as playoff depth. 

Oh.  But mostly he's worth nothing?

3 assists in 16 games is pretty piss poor for a puck moving defenceman on a team that score a lot of goals. He's 25 and a righty, might just need a change in scenery but I'd rather go after someone who is good defensively and a shutdown defenceman firstly to play with Hutton.

Schultz could look quite nice with Sbisa as a partner though.

I'd give up a 2nd round pick straight up for him, that's about it. Maybe Higgins + C grade prospect.

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

3 assists in 16 games is pretty piss poor for a puck moving defenceman on a team that score a lot of goals. He's 25 and a righty, might just need a change in scenery but I'd rather go after someone who is good defensively and a shutdown defenceman firstly to play with Hutton.

Schultz could look quite nice with Sbisa as a partner though.

I'd give up a 2nd round pick straight up for him, that's about it. Maybe Higgins + C grade prospect.

He might look good with Sbisa.  The Oilers are winning now, so he must be playing better?

6 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Sometimes a player has to be placed in the right role to succeed. 

?

Schultz was practically given the keys to the city when he arrived. Slowly at first, now harshly he's had his role cut back because he has not shown that he could handle it. But he's had every crack. 1st pair / PP. 2knd pair / PP. 3rd pair and sheltered now???

15 hours ago, CanuckMan10 said:

Justin Schultz is losing favour in EDM this year and they're talking about treating him as a rental to sell of at the deadline because they're not sure they want to qualify him next year.

This is where the canucks swoop in:

Van: Schultz (4M)

Edm: Higgins, Weber (2.5M and 1.5M)

Salary Cap is the exact same.

Higgins is exactly what Edmonton needs in their bottom six, a good 2 way player who can pk and keep goals out. Weber is a replacement depth D. 

Schulz can QB our second unit and we can shelter him on the 3rd pairing. If he finds his game we qualify him in the offseason... If not we don't. We lose practically nothing because Higgins can be replaced by Gaunce or Kennins and is realistically only worth a 3rd if we sold him off. 

We really need a PP QB, i think it's worth a shot.

IMO, imagine Eberle with the twins, that line would rock and enable Hansen to go back to where he belongs, 3rd line and penatly kill extrodinaire, yikes!

Archived