The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Matt Sekeres said there will be a coaching change at years end.

MaxVerstappen33

Matt just said this on the post game after the loss to the Rangers. He was saying that the coach is bowing to demands from the players and he's basically in over his head. Im kinda surprised to hear this on house radio. Especially after Jeff Paterson was let go.

Thoughts ?

(feel free to roll this into a coaching thread. I didn't see one on page 1 or 2)

Kinda taking this with a grain of salt.  Might as well have been bandied about on TMZ 1040 locally.

Until such time as we see obvious and genuine reason to see a coaching change I highly doubt it happens.

keeping in mind that this year alone we've seen no less than half our top 4 and half our top 6 out at any given time for extnded periods of time and are STILL competitive with multiple rookies in our line up.  This after a near 35 point increase from the season previous.

So yes, unless we see significant signs or reasons as to why...kinda doubting it

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Kinda taking this with a grain of salt.  Might as well have been bandied about on TMZ 1040 locally.

Until such time as we see obvious and genuine reason to see a coaching change I highly doubt it happens.

keeping in mind that this year alone we've seen no less than half our top 4 and half our top 6 out at any given time for extnded periods of time and are STILL competitive with multiple rookies in our line up.  This after a near 35 point increase from the season previous.

So yes, unless we see significant signs or reasons as to why...kinda doubting it

Agree.  But I just don't know why a guy like Matt would spout off like that.

Archived