The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Carolina moving to Quebec?

43 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Why allow Carolina to move for next to nothing when they can charge them US$500 million

Because they plan to charge Vegas and Seattle(once they figure their sh!t out) the US$500 million and this way get rid of a struggling franchise.

6 hours ago, Me_ said:

Whahh????

ok...

Let's put it this way lets if in a bizzaro world that Canucks relocated to Albuquerque, New Mexico as the "New Mexico Amigos" then the "New Mexico Amigos" win the cup a year later thanks to Playoff MVP Linden Vey then 15 years later the Vancouver gets a team back since the Calgary Flames are forced to relocate.

It doesn't make sense.  Vegas seems to be the frontrunner to get the first team.

It makes no sense, they pay way more for an expansion team, that will be awful for the first 5 years at least.

Quebec gets a decent team?

7 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Let's put it this way lets if in a bizzaro world that Canucks relocated to Albuquerque, New Mexico as the "New Mexico Amigos" then the "New Mexico Amigos" win the cup a year later thanks to Playoff MVP Linden Vey then 15 years later the Vancouver gets a team back since the Calgary Flames are forced to relocate.

Oh.. no... I got that part... What I didn't get is, why such extrapolations. Such a scenario exists in the head of about 50 people in the world who have enough time to think about it that way. The other 995,000 fans that were starved for more than a decade, of a sport they basically put on the map, don't really care where the team comes from.

Couple of news again :

1) There are reports that Joël Bouchard (former NHLer, now coaching the Armada in the Q) is going to be part of the coaching staff. People have confirmed that the Armada is quietly looking for a new coach.

2) Quebecor and Quebec city have agreed this week to not divulge financial results anymore. Why now and not past fall at the grand opening? We know NHL don't like to disclose their numbers so again this could be a sign that NHL is coming to town.

Again only rumors but they keep adding up. If it happens, I guess it will happen around April 15th.

*Quebecor is holding a press conference tomorrow to announce a new entertainment group. On the press release, it is written it's not related to the Nordiques but who knows :-)

4 hours ago, pouetance said:

Couple of news again :

1) There are reports that Joël Bouchard (former NHLer, now coaching the Armada in the Q) is going to be part of the coaching staff. People have confirmed that the Armada is quietly looking for a new coach.

2) Quebecor and Quebec city have agreed this week to not divulge financial results anymore. Why now and not past fall at the grand opening? We know NHL don't like to disclose their numbers so again this could be a sign that NHL is coming to town.

Again only rumors but they keep adding up. If it happens, I guess it will happen around April 15th.

*Quebecor is holding a press conference tomorrow to announce a new entertainment group. On the press release, it is written it's not related to the Nordiques but who knows :-)

the guy who u mentioned in the above post said theres a announcement  on april 12 about it

I don't know how many people remember this far back but for about two years, on this site, I've been stating my belief that Vegas was a done deal and QC would be excluded as an expansion team. It was always a relocation target because of the lack of need for marketing and growing the market. 

I had thought it would be Florida but with Broward County coming up with $86mil in tax breaks that killed that. Carolina is the logical choice now and the owner has been shedding shares for a couple of years now. 

I think this is a done deal too. Daly is just saying what he needs to. 

4 hours ago, Squamfan said:

the guy who u mentioned in the above post said theres a announcement  on april 12 about it

Yeah I heard about the 12th but Quebec city mayor is in Europe until the 15th. Maybe he'll come back sooner. We'll see...

On April 1, 2016 at 7:47 PM, pouetance said:

There are so many rumors right now that the Hurricanes are going to move to Quebec city (where I live). Three different reporters have stated today that the hurricanes are going to move at the end of the season. Plus, many sources have confirmed that Karmanos (Carolina owner) was in town last week.

And now here's the latest new : 

Quebecor has stated numerous times that the player room would not be painted until we got our team.

Can't wait to see if it's true. And Carolina last game is against the Habs :-) 

I can't believe u guys don't have another team yet to be honest. Pretty much a slam dunk location 

On April 6, 2016 at 6:00 AM, pouetance said:

Couple of news again :

rumours saying deal is done

Ce soir c'est le dernier match de l'histoire au PNC Arena de Raleigh, l'an prochain l'équipe déménage au Centre Vidéotron! #Nordiques

4 minutes ago, Blueberries said:

Is this true?

If it is, I'll miss those sweet Canes jerseys.

well the Atlanta moving the nhl denied that and it came out of now where that they were moving. also they we report that their were nhl officials in quebec city today

23 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

well the Atlanta moving the nhl denied that and it came out of now where that they were moving. also they we report that their were nhl officials in quebec city today

I hope this is true! The rivalry between the Habs and QC omfg!! 

If this is true, then this is HUGE. I feel for the true fans of the Hurricanes, but if they hadn't won the cup, they probably would have moved already. That was the only year they ever turned profit. That being said, this is still very much a rumour. But if there is any shred of truth here, then this is massive for Quebec, as well as us Canadians. :) 8 Teams again... I can only dream. 

2 hours ago, HC20.0 said:

If this is true, then this is HUGE. I feel for the true fans of the Hurricanes, but if they hadn't won the cup, they probably would have moved already. That was the only year they ever turned profit. That being said, this is still very much a rumour. But if there is any shred of truth here, then this is massive for Quebec, as well as us Canadians. :) 8 Teams again... I can only dream. 

not sure found it on twitter. but would be sick if true

Archived