The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Youngstars 2016?

On 8/18/2016 at 11:40 AM, elvis15 said:

For the first few years (when San Jose was also coming) they had 2 games each on Fri-Sun (one of which was an alumni game or something similar on the Saturday night) and then a single game on the Monday. But even with the reduced format, it's a lot of arena food or even eating out if you walk to the Denny's or Triple O's.

the Alumni game was great when they had it, got my Brodeur Jersey signed as he was coaching the Canucks Alumni. 

1 minute ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

The official roster has now been posted:

http://canucks.nhl.com/v2/ext/Young Stars Roster 2016.pdf

One of the stronger D cores we've sent to this tournament. Solid goalie tandem too.

Up front we're very weak though. Gotta hope Cassels, Stukel, and Zhukenov all trained hard this summer. Hopefully Carcone can surprise too. 

Definitely could have used Boeser and Lockwood because I don't think we're going to be able to match the firepower of Edmonton, Winnipeg, or Calgary.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

One of the stronger D cores we've sent to this tournament. Solid goalie tandem too.

Up front we're very weak though. Gotta hope Cassels, Stukel, and Zhukenov all trained hard this summer. Hopefully Carcone can surprise too. 

Definitely could have used Boeser and Lockwood because I don't think we're going to be able to match the firepower of Edmonton, Winnipeg, or Calgary.

The defence looks fantastic. Hopefully we can get a fair bit of offence from the back end. Really looking forward to seeing Stukel. I believe he has serious upside if he can put it all together. 

Big roster for a 3 game tourny. 25 guys? I have to think a couple are there for injury relief but 11D and 3G are really unnecessary. 

Upfront I'm looking forward to newly signed Carcone and LaPlante. We'll get a good idea if they'll be ready for Utica next season, and if they can improve to be legitimate prospects for us. Cassels gets his shot at 1C this tourney, and will hopefully find some confidence there. 

Come to think of it, a lot of these guy are Utica eligible. This might as well be a pre-training camp for Utica. All the 94/95/96 will be eligible, with many of the 96s going back for a overage year.

Excluding many invites, I see something like this:

LaPlante - Cassels - Carcone

Stukel - Zhukenov - D'Aoust

Valk - LaBate - Abols

Moynihan -McKenzie - Roy

Juolevi - Stecher
Brisebois - Subban

Sautner - Candella

Demko

Gartieg

Defense and Goaltending are solid, forwards are dependent upon some overagers. 

1 minute ago, Sean Monahan said:

Anybody know anything about Galipeau? His numbers aren't bad and he wore an A in his draft year before getting the C last year.

-Puck mover that plays a physical game

-Wore the C last season

-Led the teams D in points during regular season

-Led all players in playoff scoring

-Won the Q championship in 14/15

-Played with Mantha his first season

9 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

LaPlante - Cassels - Carcone

Stukel - Zhukenov - D'Aoust

Valk - LaBate - Abols

Moynihan -McKenzie - Roy

Juolevi - Stecher
Brisebois - Subban

Sautner - Candella

Demko

Gartieg

Defense and Goaltending are solid, forwards are dependent upon some overagers. 

Looks about right.

I wanna see Olson and Neill swap in for Sautner and Candella for a game though. Gotta see if Neill is ready for the AHL.

15 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Interesting they brought back D'Aoust, one of the better performers at the prospects camp.

We have two of the top ten scorers from the Q last season with him and Carcone.

Hopefully one of them can pan out and earn a spot in Utica.

Archived