The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Phrases you'd like to see removed from CDC and/or TSN 1040

Bob Long

Phrases you'd like to see removed from CDC and/or TSN 1040  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

"Canada's team"  Every region has their own team and just because only one Canadian team is left in the Playoffs it doesn't make them Canada's team.

I don't know who Toronto was kidding. Did they even here themselves?

• 3 weeks later...

Others have said the same but my top five most hated phrases are (not in any particular order):

1) Asset management - gets thrown around way too much.

2) Could/should "of" - it's have, people, not "of". Don't know why this bothers me so much but it does.

3) Strawman - a hex on the person that first brought this term to CDC. So overused, often incorrectly.

4) Gutless/gutted - it's not so much the terms as it is the fact that they are used inappropriately by drama queens. For example, a player exercising their arbitration rights does not make them "gutless".

5) Analytics - I get that they have a use but they are definitely not the whole story.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TSN1040

Let me throw something/this past you.

Rachel, make a note

Any segment idea that rips off the Blake and Sekeres show for ideas  "Tell me I'm wrong" gets morphed into "Is it just me". 

Sports dj's trying to hit the post on music intros, just shut up already- I like the hearing the music before the lyrics start. And if I wanted to hear music I'd listen to a music station anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived