50 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

+ Dobson/Bouchard

Seems that we could be drafting another big game player this June

I too would not mind us drafting a big Canadian D man that is right handed and can run a powerplay/has a booming clapper.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Oh yeah, I never noticed that. Sautner (24) and McEneny (24) are both 3+ years older than Brisebois (20). This gives some hope for Brisebois anyway. Maybe we do see him on the Canucks in 2-3 years?

Re-sign Edler for a couple year as Juolevi comes on line. Tryamkin comes back in two years, allowing Edler to slide back to 3rd pair and eventually Brisebois takes over 3rd pair left side.

as prospects, a lot of our prospects have won something significant at their respected Levels

forgot Dhalen helped his team back to the Swehl

Boeser won the NCAA championship in 2016 (biggest award for College hockey, NCAA's Stanley cup)

Juolevi won the Memorial cup in 2016 (biggest team award for Junior hockey, its the Stanley cup for the CHL)

(also won a gold medal himself)

Demko was one game away from a NCAA championship final, (lost to Boesers team, no shame in that)

Gaudette won a Bean Pot, still a huge team accomplishment, almost made it to the NCAA finals,

Horvat made it to the memorial cup

Pettersson won a million things I can't count em all.  doing it against men.

Gadjovich and Virtanen both have gold medals at the WJC

our prospects have showed up in big games, and proven successful.  It's impossible to win it all the time, and failure is an everyday thing in hockey.

we got some championship blood in our pool. 

I'm sounding like a homer, but honestly I havent seen a Canuck prospect pool this strong before. Last was 2000

Well that sucks if it’s true. How funny would it be if one of the deciding factors to send him to Finland this year was to get his video game schedule in line with hockey curfew lol.

the whole issue as reported is entirely inconsistent and unreliable

juolevi simply is not projected to never play in the nhl

so what about that little tidbit of info specifically stated in the article

the whole thing smells of hogwash

which is a bit sad

because this clearly is a serious issue among our youth

video game addiction

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

the whole issue as reported is entirely inconsistent and unreliable

Looks like that’s the end of that. 

Good on ya 

Edited by Lulover88

Some some lying pos with a twitter account tries to smear Juolevi to get clickbait. What a turd. Good that Marek came forward tho. 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I expected better of you posting this crap.   

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I expected better of journalists to do their job.

While I agree, it was clear that this was BS from the first time it was reported.   Instead of believing credible and consistently accurate sources, bringing trolls onto the board and giving them a voice through the most credible and respected posters here is not ideal.    Just saying, and I will say it again, I expected better of you.    I look forward to every post you make and the time you spend on this board is amazing - you contribute to one of the best hockey forums in existence.    Please help keep it that way.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I have seen the more credible reporters having their 'reports' debunked. The credibility does not lie within me, it lies within the reporters themselves.

Sorry, don't agree with you on this one.   The Canuck prospects have crap mad up about them by pathetic trolls on a regular basis - I don't see anywhere near that for the Panthers or Canes but perhaps that crap happens in other cities for other teams but for the Canucks, it is rampant.   When something this vile that was debunked by several people (including myself days ago), giving a known Canuck troller a voice and then re-posting it after there was already a stupid thread dedicated to the crap.   

This Board deserves better.   

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I also remember one person on here, who I am not going to name, posted "Juolevi being sick" and wouldn't mention their sources when they were called out. That is where the credibility lies within that poster where they had posted the news based on "their sources." 

Got em.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I also remember one person on here, who I am not going to name, posted "Juolevi being sick" and wouldn't mention their sources when they were called out. That is where the credibility lies within that poster where they had posted the news based on "their sources." 

Most of the WJC were sick including several from the Finnish team.   If people want to find a sportscast, in Finnish, from January this year knock yourself out.   It was not a "source", it was the bloody news.   Sue me for watching European sportscasts on the internet :lol:.   Talk to @bp79 as apparently he can actually SPEAK Finnish - I fake it at best as it comes quickly and is a lot different than Swedish which I am good at.   It was far from a big news deal and something I offered up as insight to one of the Canuck's prospects.    Other teams posted news about it in English, Finns didn't.   Big deal apparently for some.  I learned from that some people don't want input that insist three things - in English, negative and easily findable in English on Google.   I put those people in a special place.   :)   The fixation with some about the inability for these kids to get sick still amazes me.    

Anyway, nice attempted deflection.   I offered something from the news to give insight to a player (e.g. having some illness and still having a great tournament) and you re-post some malicious lie of the worst nature.   Ya, totally comparable.    Justify all you want, nothing more from me on this.    You know full well what you did was across a line.

9 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Got em.

Yup, you're one of them :lol: