The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Recommend a TV Show

gmen81

4 hours ago, Svengali said:

I watch about 400 different shows all hosted by the majestically windswept Scotsman, Neil Oliver.

(Coast, Coast Australia, Two Men in a Trench, A History of Scotland /Ancient Britain /Celtic Britain, Bannockburn, Celts, Vikings, on and on, he has so many)

enhanced-8998-1395349251-15.jpg

Reminded me of all the Billy Connolly series where he's travelled around on his bike. He's done it for Route 66, the Northwest Passage, New Zealand, and of course Scotland (along with a separate series for Ireland, England and Wales). This guy might be worth checking out as well.

And of course that reminds me of An Idiot Abroad. Must watch TV.

21 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Reminded me of all the Billy Connolly series where he's travelled around on his bike. He's done it for Route 66, the Northwest Passage, New Zealand, and of course Scotland (along with a separate series for Ireland, England and Wales). This guy might be worth checking out as well.

Yeah, I really like all the Connolly shows (though, sad to say,  the Route 66 show was seriously effected by his age and Parkinson's, imo). And speaking of Scotsmen on motorbikes, have you seen Ewan McGregor's Long Way Round? I love that one as well.

Oliver is different though, much more focused on history (he's an archaeologist) and not nearly as funny as the other two. (no motorbikes involved either, he's always on foot) But you'll learn a hell of a lot, and be entertained by the accent and flowing hair, haha.

21 hours ago, elvis15 said:

An idiot abroad is freaking hilarious.

4 hours ago, inane said:

Currently:

The Americans

Jessica Jones

Veep

The 100 (get past the first few teenage angsty episodes)

Game of Thrones

Last Week Tonight

Sherlock

Last year I would have said Orphan Black, but it kinda lost me.

Season 3 of The 100 is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen on TV. The 2nd half of that season I needed hard liquor to get through an episode.

Suits for sure

Bates Motel(I really like this show, its really solid. Definitely give it a try.)

Game of Thrones for sure

Daredevil, on Netflix

Orange Is The New Black(but do research on that, cause it has a lot of "scenes" in it. Might not be your cup of tea.) 

How To Get Away With Murder

House of Cards

House of Lies

Mr.Robot

aaaaaaaaaaaaand, I really enjoyed Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, on Netflix. 

Oh, and New Girl!

On 7/21/2016 at 7:58 PM, Fanuck said:

The Bridge  (original Swedish /Danish version )

Happy Valley 

Homeland 

Line of Duty

Hinterland 

Broadchurch 

River

The Killing

The Heavy Water War

If you have not watched The Fall yet it will fit right in to your preferred genre. Plus Gillian Anderson!

River, Happy Valley, Broadchurch are great. Also try Luther.

35 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

If you have not watched The Fall yet it will fit right in to your preferred genre. Plus Gillian Anderson!

River, Happy Valley, Broadchurch are great. Also try Luther.

Yup, seen both The Fall and Luther - I agree with you, both quite good. 

On 7/23/2016 at 7:22 AM, Svengali said:

Yeah, I really like all the Connolly shows (though, sad to say,  the Route 66 show was seriously effected by his age and Parkinson's, imo). And speaking of Scotsmen on motorbikes, have you seen Ewan McGregor's Long Way Round? I love that one as well.

Oliver is different though, much more focused on history (he's an archaeologist) and not nearly as funny as the other two. (no motorbikes involved either, he's always on foot) But you'll learn a hell of a lot, and be entertained by the accent and flowing hair, haha.

Yup, really good one as well.

TV Series I've enjoyed over the recent years

Game of Thrones

24, First three seasons (after that it's just the same repetitive stuff)

Breaking Bad

Better Call Saul

Band of Brothers

The Pacific

Hell on Wheels (Again, it becomes a bit of a chore to watch after three seasons)

And my new favourite, second favourite after Game of Thrones I should say, Mr Robot. Really compelling and interesting story.

7 hours ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I was looking at that and thinking the same thing...must not have jobs lol. 

That being said

LetterKenny

I have no time for TV, now that I've discovered CDC.  :lol::lol::lol:

Spoiler

Plus, I was a star in my own sitcom.  It's just not the same once you have been on the other side of the camera. B)

Archived