The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vegas Golden Knights Thread

LV Coke Nights

50 goal scorer in 07 and definition of the word "all-star" Danny "hot-wheels" Heatley leaves the strip-club to captain the team. Jarrett Stoll requests a trade from his dealer's house to form the leadership core with Heater. 

Thereon Fleury's coaching career begins.

On 2016-11-22 at 11:06 PM, BowtieCanuck said:

I literally explained how it was a failure. It's not my fault you can't accept the reality of it. There's a good reason that city hasn't had major sports teams ( USFL, XFL and CFL teams don't really count).

You did get one thing right: I want this to fail. Horribly. I want Gary Bettman to crash with it too.

I can remember when the Canucks came into the league they were laughed at as well. Our great friends in Toronto and Montreal as well as other teams fought tooth and nail to keep Vancouver from getting an NHL team...things never change just stay the same.

On 11/23/2016 at 2:27 AM, Lafayettecrossbar said:

Considering all the factors, it's tolerable. 

1. Had to include Knights in the name due to Foley's other companies

2. Couldn't use just Knights as London has a copyright in place

3. Having four words in the name doesn't roll off the tongue, hence the omitting of the Las

4. Vegas is synonymous with gambling (cash, riches, GOLD)

The colours remind me a bit of San Jose and/or London, oddly enough, with a little bit of variation. 

2 does not matter as different leagues and you can not copyright a name for anything but your own league like I have said BC Lions detroit Lions same game different leagues

13 hours ago, cripplereh said:

2 does not matter as different leagues and you can not copyright a name for anything but your own league like I have said BC Lions detroit Lions same game different leagues

It does actually, they own the trademark for Canada and weren't about to sell it..

“The London Knights own the name in Canada and to acquire the name from London is not economically feasible,” Foley said. “In the U.S., ‘Knights’ are fine. But we can’t use it in Canada.”

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/las-vegas-nhl-name-search-complicated-london-knights/

On November 22, 2016 at 8:05 PM, Chris12345 said:

It's not the best it it's also not the worst.

I know one idiotic team with a orca on their jersey which has very little to do with the current ownership group.

I for one am jacked about this team. Not being from Vancouver I'd rather see a game in Vegas in November than Vancouver (sorry still love Van).

Cant say I disagree. Our Orca logo is one of the worst in the NHL

Archived