The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lastname | # | Placeholder

-SN-

• 1 month later...

I haven't seen this guy play yet but know if he a Canuck that he has these characteristics (things I have learned on CDC):

- if Benning drafted him he is crap 

- if Gillis drafted him he was good and is now crap

- if he hasn't played a game yet he is a pretty potential first line fit and likely first ballot HOF

- if he has good Corsi it is a fluke

- if he has good point total, some other stat will show he isn't good

- he can be traded for multiple first round picks and if that doesn't happen, Benning is worst GM of all time 

- Hockey News spelled his name wrong (LastGnome) but have him linked to a trade with the Leafs

Edited by Rob_Zepp
Can't spell worth crap
  • Haha 1

Rummors abound that Lastname has spent the summer with Willy Nylander in Sweden and they have become fast friends.  Willy is going to Leaf's management to ask for a trade to Vancouver to play on a line with Lastname and Jake Virtanen.  He wants to help Jake dispell any dought that the Canucks made  the right choice in drafting him first. :rolleyes:

22 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I haven't seen this guy play yet but know if he a Canuck that he has these characteristics (things I have learned on CDC):

- if Benning drafted him he is crap 

- if Gillis drafted him he was good and is now crap

- if he hasn't played a game yet he is a pretty potential first line fit and likely first ballot HOF

- if he has good Corsi it is a fluke

- if he has good point total, some other stat will show he isn't good

- he can be traded for multiple first round picks and if that doesn't happen, Benning is worst GM of all time 

- Hockey News spelled his name wrong (LastGnome) but have him linked to a trade with the Leafs

Add one:

- If he hasn't played a game yet but the person drafted right after him did, then he is a bust.

Edited by 24K PureCool
grammar
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 24K PureCool said:

Add one:

- If he hasn't played a game yet but the person drafted right after them did, then he is a bust.

Goes without saying - but it will be said and threads will be dedicated to it.   Bank.

Good catch.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It's good to see him adding some muscle this summer. We have a lot of guys up front, and I could see him challenging for the 13th forward position.

I saw him in an elevator and he has a huge gut.   A friend's cousin's girlfriend's sisters aunt saw him in 7-11 eating junk food like crazy.   I think he will be a bust as he was drafted so high and he is already ancient at 20 and is so fat now too.    Go Hawks!  

I know this might sound crazy, but with our current forward depth increasing, what about moving Lastname to D? I know the whole Subban to forward debate has been flogged to death here, and then we had the failed Pedan experiment, but I really think it could be a good fit. By moving him to D it could open up a Edler or Tanev trade and we can load up on draft picks for 2018? Call me crazy, but I see real potential here.

• There it is 1

1 hour ago, shayster007 said:

I know this might sound crazy, but with our current forward depth increasing, what about moving Lastname to D? I know the whole Subban to forward debate has been flogged to death here, and then we had the failed Pedan experiment, but I really think it could be a good fit. By moving him to D it could open up a Edler or Tanev trade and we can load up on draft picks for 2018? Call me crazy, but I see real potential here.

Perhaps but I think we could package him for Sergachev as long as we retained some of Lastnames CAP hit - that may solve the D issue too.   

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:28 AM, GarthButcher5 said:

This is my favorite picture of Lastname. Thats him down on the ice.

11789774.jpg?size=640x420

Not enough players utilise the leg sweep in hockey, shame really.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Given Lastname's number of games played, he should still be eligible for the Calder, right?

I don't see why he's not played more. After his great first game, he's never gotten another chance. Criminal.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...