The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mock Draft: Picks 1-31 Canucks listed as having pick #15

Seeker1

On 02/02/2017 at 5:00 AM, GarthButcher5 said:

I've been biased towards Vesalainen for a few years now because I watched him play a few times at the under 17's and was very impressed at how he could drive to the net and drag defenders along with him while being able to protect the puck. However I do suspect that this may have been a case of a player who physically matured faster than others but once the rest catch up (maybe they have now) then his production will go down.

He turns out great on EHM as well. Not quite HOF career on my game, but pretty decent.

3 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

Now THAT is a trade I can get behind

But I'm afraid it won't be sexy enough for Vegas, they need someone who can sell tickets, and none of those assets would help

Does 'sexy' really matter in Vegas though?  I doubt most people there could even name a hockey player, so anyone they get would be a no name in that market.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/02/2017 at 11:21 PM, Standing_Tall#37 said:

If we were to land another 1st in the 22-28 range would anyone be against drafting Foote or Popugaev(spelling)? 

Foote would be gone

If we had a top 5 pick and a late first I would love to get Vilardi and Yamamoto 

Thank goodness the tank has begun thqnms to the plague  er mumps,  from the hockey gods.

I see the Canucks picking a forward thus draft. There is no great d plus they  have a bigg3r need for a top 6 forward to add with Boeser.

A natural goal scoring WING or play making  CENTER is needed ASAP.  They need to draft a guy who will be an impact player 3 years after he is drafted by 2020 to join the roster.

I like Tolvanen, Necas, Glass, Mittelstadt as top 10 picks. All look like future top 6 potential or top 9 at worst in case of Glass,Rasmussen, Mittelsradt

Thoughts on those guys since Canucks wont be getting Vallardi, Patrick, or Swiss McDavid  

• 2 weeks later...

i'm confident that benning will pick the best player available. the most bothering thing to me is how, all over the place different experts have their lists after the top 2 players. 

take mittlestadt for instance, he is picked anywhere from 2nd and 15th. looks like a crap shoot. benning will grab us someone good.

Currently the Canucks sit at the 6th overall pick but could go as high as 4th if the Stars and Red Wings win their games in hand. Realistically we're looking at 4th to 7th overall.

1) Colorado picking first are taking one of Hirschier or Nolan to rebuild their team around

2) Arizona will go off the board, leave the other center (they have Keller, Strome, Domi) and take Liljegren. Future Karlsson/OEL right there

3) Vegas takes the other Hirschier/Nolan to build a franchise around

4) Vilardi falls to 4th overall to most likely NJD at this rate

To be honest after that big-4 everyone else is a bit meh. Mittlestadt is having an up and down season. Rasmussen and Necas aren't quite what we need. We need a legit future top-6 center to complement and support Horvat. Hirschier would be perfect. Nolan would be great. Even Vilardi would be nice. The rest are rubbish. If we somehow end up with a change to draft Liljegren I say we go for it and trade one of our young defencemen for a good young center (Strome/Domi/Reinhart)

9 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

COL needs NHL ready Defencemen, not young forwards

How about Our 4th/6th overall + Gudbranson for their #1 Overall (Hirschisier/Nolan))

Colorado actually has decent top-4 RHDs in Barrie and Johnson. They primarily need left-side D, and specifically ones that have more offensive skills. Gudbranson fits neither. Hutton is a better fit.

However, Colorado looks poised to be trading Duchesne and/or Landeskog, primarily to get 1 or 2 stud young D-men in return. So they will need a young forward, and are likely to be keeping that pick.

On 2/3/2017 at 8:07 AM, terrible.dee said:

Now THAT is a trade I can get behind

But I'm afraid it won't be sexy enough for Vegas, they need someone who can sell tickets, and none of those assets would help

I think he said a 2nd Tanev and our first which will be top 5 lol - that's a huge overpayment when #5 may end up being as good as #1

Vegas would take that and run- not worth for the Canucks unless somehow they drop down to 8 or something

at 5 Middlestadt is likely still there, he may end up being better than Patrick or Hirschier

On 3/14/2017 at 0:01 PM, Mackcanuck said:

COL needs NHL ready Defencemen, not young forwards

How about Our 4th/6th overall + Gudbranson for their #1 Overall (Hirschisier/Nolan))

ALot of people calling him "Nolan" thinking thats his last name its Nolan Patrick not Patrick Nolan

Archived