The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

12 hours ago, sonoman said:

Well, that’s two minutes of my life I’ll never get back. Stopped watching with 35 seconds left ;) 

at least people get to see how nice Moscow really is, all we still get on the news is red square.... but yeah that was odd. 

but also very Russian. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

at least people get to see how nice Moscow really is, all we still get on the news is red square.... but yeah that was odd. 

but also very Russian. 

That's a good point, Jimmy. Moscow is one of the great world cities, which is woefully misrepresented by the West.

• Upvote 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

That's a good point, Jimmy. Moscow is one of the great world cities, which is woefully misrepresented by the West.

without question it was the most interesting trip of my life, and that was 15 years ago. Vancouver is a big step down for Goldy and other Russians who like all the things a young guy can get up to in that city :P 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

without question it was the most interesting trip of my life, and that was 15 years ago. Vancouver is a big step down for Goldy and other Russians who like all the things a young guy can get up to in that city :P 

Very true. Vancouver is very far away from ever being a city on that scale.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Very true. Vancouver is very far away from ever being a city on that scale.

I love my city and the mix of things it has, but I always find it funny when people don't understand what Russians are going back to, like its a giant line up for TP or something. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I love my city and the mix of things it has, but I always find it funny when people don't understand what Russians are going back to, like its a giant line up for TP or something. 

Meh. I do like Vancouver, but it's pretty vanilla. Take it out of it's natural setting, and it's a very average place.

People's view of Russia is seen through an American lens which tends to distort things.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Meh. I do like Vancouver, but it's pretty vanilla. Take it out of it's natural setting, and it's a very average place.

People's view of Russia is seen through an American lens which tends to distort things.

Pretty much anywhere in North America is going to be pretty tame for the brand of 'young man shenanigans' one could get in to in Russia by comparison. Even 'wilder' towns like Vegas or New Orleans etc are likely comparatively 'sanitized'. Price of civilization....

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Pretty much anywhere in North America is going to be pretty tame for the brand of 'young man shenanigans' one could get in to in Russia by comparison. Even 'wilder' towns like Vegas or New Orleans etc are likely comparatively 'sanitized'. Price of civilization....

I'd say that New York could give Moscow some stiff competition.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'd say that New York could give Moscow some stiff competition.

Have been to both with some pretty well off folks.  New York could not hang but it's Moscow's seedy, anything-for-a-price culture that really makes that the case.  I can guarantee you that is not a good thing when looking for a place to live.  It's also kind of comical what rich Moscow residents consider fun or interesting.  Usually it's just kind of trashy and ghetto but done with more gold plated or heavily branded equipment.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SamJamIam said:

Have been to both with some pretty well off folks.  New York could not hang but it's Moscow's seedy, anything-for-a-price culture that really makes that the case.

I think New York boasted that culture for years, and then in came gentrification.

7 minutes ago, SamJamIam said:

I can guarantee you that is not a good thing when looking for a place to live.  It's also kind of comical what rich Moscow residents consider fun or interesting.  Usually it's just kind of trashy and ghetto but done with more gold plated or heavily branded equipment.

Hahahaha.

37 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Does Goldobin get 1st shot at LW on the top line this year?  He does have some nice passing ability to setup his linemates but his leash is so short with Green.  Let him play through the mistakes Coach and let the line develop some chemistry.... put Baertschi on the 2nd line with Sutter and Elias.

I think they swap Leipsic and Goldy in/out of that spot until they tire/slump etc and in goes the other guy. Other guy gets a break in the press box. Short leash indeed. Ideally one guys stakes a more permanent claim over the season and we move the other (or one of Baer, Granlund etc).

Don't see Sutter playing with EP40 personally. I think we see some combination of EP40, Gagner, Granlund or Gaudette at C on that line and Sutter C'ing one of the two match up/defensive/counter punch lines personally.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

I think they swap Leipsic and Goldy in/out of that spot until they tire/slump etc and in goes the other guy. Other guy gets a break in the press box. Short leash indeed. Ideally one guys stakes a more permanent claim over the season and we move the other (or one of Baer, Granlund etc).

Don't see Sutter playing with EP40 personally. I think we see some combination of EP40, Gagner, Granlund or Gaudette at C on that line and Sutter C'ing one of the two match up/defensive/counter punch lines personally.

I would be all for Sutter staying out of the top 6 period, have him and Beagle center the 3rd and 4th line and handle PK duties.  Would rather have Granlund over Gagner between Baertschi and Pettersson, so underrated offensively and has a nice shot he can get off quick with some nice feeds by Elias.  That is a good idea to swap in/out Goldy and Leipsic, both bring their own qualities to that line.