The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, ey40 said:

Sitting on the bench is a good way to learn the system? Or is he not doing the dump and chase to grind out the victory?

I think the system is 'not scoring'. I can only assume. 

8 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Lol we have the horses. But Desjardins prefers those Sedins and Negna/Chaput types.

We could right now play an up tempo style if we actually decided not to rely on the Sedins and Edler. 

1000000%.

Like how do the Willie truthers explain Reid Boucher playing real gud and scoring vs the Wings to getting 4th line ice time to being a healthy scratch today all in the span of 2 games.

Did they not get him off waivers and were waiting to see what they have in these young guys? The time is now.

Forget the career AHLers like Megna,Chaput etc.

They should be scaling back the minutes of the twins Sutter and Loui Ericsson to make sure they can get a look at these guys.

Goldobin was teamates with Reid Boucher in junior yet Wille would probably never think to play them together without thinking about their "2 way game" because he still thinks he is coaching to win in a Playoff race.

It's laughable.

This is what the lineup should be to maximize young guys ice time imo

Baertschi-Horvat-Ericsson

Goldobin-Granlund-Boucher

Sedin-Sedin-Sutter

Labate-Guance-Cramarossa

Scratch Megna FFS and I don't care much for Chaput either.

What Willie needs now is his mom

Alfstonker where are you? 

We we need you to tell us It's the Sedins and the rosters fault and how brilliant your son is. Tell us how Goldy was not in game shape, tell us everything except levelling the blame where it belongs 

Wilbrod 

14 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Lol we have the horses. But Desjardins prefers those Sedins and Negna/Chaput types.

We could right now play an up tempo style if we actually decided not to rely on the Sedins and Edler. 

Regardless of what we'd like to see, the Sedins aren't going anywhere.  Best bet is they are reduced to secondary roles next season -- they are de facto that now anyway, and did have lesser icetime tonight.  That should hopefully continue down the stretch.  Decent chance Edler is moved either this off-season or next.

46 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

LOL systems? 

What systems? Getting a lead then hiding in the trenches system? Falling behind then hiding in the trenches system? Or never-scratch-Megna system?

I'd rather have our new prospects never learn any of your nonsense systems (if they do exist), non-coach.

Cram must be a very smart player. He learned Willie's "system" in his second game so was given more playing time than Goldy who did not know Willie's (system) 

how does waiver wire pickup get more playing time than the player we traded Honey Badger away for? Not to mention Megna 

6 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Regardless of what we'd like to see, the Sedins aren't going anywhere.  Best bet is they are reduced to secondary roles next season -- they are de facto that now anyway, and did have lesser icetime tonight.  That should hopefully continue down the stretch.  Decent chance Edler is moved either this off-season or next.

Best bet is to realize that the Sedins are secondary players at best and put them there now. Why wait until next season? It's not like their slowness, lazy penalties, and half ass defensive effort are going to suddenly improve. May as well give the kids the keys and see what they do with it. 

I dont care if we lose every game as long as the team plays to win and develops that offensive mojo all the best teams have. Have to let the kids take calculated risks. Goldobin made a smart and relatively safe risk/reward play on that read. Our coach is a fool if he thinks he was cherry picking. 

Also, speed can make average defensive players good ones. Being able to outskate mistakes is very helpful. It's one reason the Sedins have always been pretty average defensively and are getting worse.

If we cough the puck up on a stupid no look pass I would be far more comfortable  having a speedy guy like Goldobin out there to try to get back in the play than either Sedin

9 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

1000000%.

Like how do the Willie truthers explain Reid Boucher playing real gud and scoring vs the Wings to getting 4th line ice time to being a healthy scratch today all in the span of 2 games.

Did they not get him off waivers and were waiting to see what they have in these young guys? The time is now.

They should be scaling back the minutes of the twins Sutter and Loui Ericsson to make sure they can get a look at these guys.

Goldobin was teamates with Reid Boucher in junior yet Wille would probably never think to play them together without thinking about their "2 way game" because he still thinks he is coaching to win in a Playoff race.

It's laughable.

Sedin-Sedin-Sutter

Labate-Guance-Cramarossa

This is now the disconnect between an organization that has decided to rebuild and a coach that is looking for wins. Plain and simple. If he is back again next season I would be flabbergasted. 

I think actually JB called out willie already on the tradeline

paraphrasing but "we want to be a fast skilled team then surround with grit"

Seems like this is completely opposite of what willie's trying to do he wants grit surrounded by skill

Awesome game for Miller, Bo, Sven and Tanev.

The goal by Goldy totally reminded me of Bure. I look forward to the future and I hope that he's going to be a big part of it.

I'd love to see the crow or Green behind the bench next year.

Wd would look great behind the Vancouver Giants bench next year.

Yesterday's man coaching the players of today.

15 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

1000000%.

It's laughable.

Sedin-Sedin-Sutter

Labate-Guance-Cramarossa

I'd move that Sedin line up a bit but that's EXACTLY the lineup I want to see.

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Best bet is to realize that the Sedins are secondary players at best and put them there now. Why wait until next season? It's not like their slowness, lazy penalties, and half ass defensive effort are going to suddenly improve. May as well give the kids the keys and see what they do with it. 

I dont care if we lose every game as long as the team plays to win and develops that offensive mojo all the best teams have. Have to let the kids take calculated risks. Goldobin made a smart and relatively safe risk/reward play on that read. Our coach is a fool if he thinks he was cherry picking. 

As I said, that should continue down the stretch as well as into next season -- it was that way tonight.  It was Goldobin's first game -- he has only had one skate with the team, and the Canucks spent much of the time on the PK.  Will almost certainly get more icetime tomorrow, especially considering it's a back-to-back.  The team needs scoring, it's in his best interests to get him in there once he is integrated into the team.  It's not like he's a 28 year old veteran; he's only played 12 NHL games.

4 minutes ago, 5ubmarine said:

Seems like this is completely opposite of what willie's trying to do he wants grit surrounded by skill

We need to get some grit first.

17 minutes ago, ey40 said:

Sitting on the bench is a good way to learn the system? Or is he not doing the dump and chase to grind out the victory?

It's the system the Canucks have been using for about ten years score a bunch of goals fast and then sit back and collapse.

3 minutes ago, 5ubmarine said:

I think actually JB called out willie already on the tradeline

paraphrasing but "we want to be a fast skilled team then surround with grit"

Then JB should be fired for not being able to control how his vision and strategic direction are being translated into the on Ice product. Willie works for Jim. Sometimes it feels like it is the other way around.

Archived