The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

10 hours ago, Lancaster said:

It's hard to predict.  Sometimes there's too much expectations on one brother being equally good as the more famous one. 

Many on CDC still thinks Valeri Bure wasn't a good player, even though he was an all-star one year and racked up 400 points in the NHL.  

The Staals are a recent example of most brothers being pretty good... Eric, Jordan, Marc.... and then there's Jared.  

Drafting or acquiring siblings isn't a bad idea in theory.  Good NHL players are where they are at due to their physical ability, intelligence, and drive.... both nature and nurture.  So when you have a sibling player who share nearly identical genetics and raised in a nearly identical environment... chances for success should be pretty high.  When you go through the rosters of NHL players, most seems to have familiar connection to someone else currently or from the past.  

To be honest, I really don't see how drafting siblings is any different than drafting players in general. You just have as good of a chance with either if you draft and in the end it's all about drafting properly.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I can't help but notice that isn't a no contact jersey either.

It is just the morning skate...so no red shirt needed...I couldn't help but notice how carefully he entered the ice...

I don't want him to come back until he has no reservations...even if it is another week or 2...look at Demko, we have to be super careful with our Superstar...

I'd prob consider sending EP back to Sweden, to put on 10~15 lbs. (Mgt/Ownership/Player) would all have to discuss(& accept) such a choice, with the clear indication that we want this guy in Canuck colours for his career.

This league does nothing to protect it's stars..particularly in a market like Vancouver. The risk here is our young superstar gets another injury, from another illegal play.

Two games for a bum like Matheson is a joke, for a deterent. Sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I bet we'll see more cheap shots from mediocre, marginal players. The huge downside of an even bigger injury to our bright young hope, would be a nightmare for the franchise(at this point in time).

Bet I'll get slagged for posting this..don't care. I haven't had time to scroll all these related threads, but I'm curious if anyone else has a similar view?

• Wat 1

7 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I'd prob consider sending EP back to Sweden, to put on 10~15 lbs. (Mgt/Ownership/Player) would all have to discuss(& accept) such a choice, with the clear indication that we want this guy in Canuck colours for his career.

This league does nothing to protect it's stars..particularly in a market like Vancouver. The risk here is our young superstar gets another injury, from another illegal play.

Two games for a bum like Matheson is a joke, for a deterent. Sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I bet we'll see more cheap shots from mediocre, marginal players. The huge downside of an even bigger injury to our bright young hope, would be a nightmare for the franchise(at this point in time).

Bet I'll get slagged for posting this..don't care. I haven't had time to scroll all these related threads, but I'm curious if anyone else has a similar view?

???? so he can't add 15 lbs in North America?  Also guys that are over 200 lbs can also get tossed up like that if the dirty player that wants to initiate that hit has intentions on doing it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

???? so he can't add 15 lbs in North America?  Also guys that are over 200 lbs can also get tossed up like that if the dirty player that wants to initiate that hit has intentions on doing it.

Yet an oblivious(seemingly?) reff was standing right there, with no call. Would there be no call if it was a star from a key US market? Is this an honest league? Not in my opinion.

So again..IF he gets an even more severe injury, from lousy crap..can we handle/accept that downside, this season?

If I were the owner, I'd be mighty pi$$ed with this league's blatant inconsistencies.

• Wat 1

11 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Yet an oblivious(seemingly?) reff was standing right there, with no call. Would there be no call if it was a star from a key US market? Is this an honest league? Not in my opinion.

So again..IF he gets an even more severe injury, from lousy crap..can we handle/accept that downside, this season?

If I were the owner, I'd be mighty pi$$ed with this league's blatant inconsistencies.

On 2018-10-15 at 3:32 PM, aGENT said:

I'm no more or less concerned about 170-something pound EP being concussed by some ass-hat conflating WWE moves in to hockey than a 185+ pound player be concussed by some ass-hat conflating WWE moves in to hockey.

The problem here isn't how big Elias is.

• Upvote 1