The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 NHL Entry Draft

Zfetch

11 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Weird my app shows Bouchard at 7 

dobson going to islanders at 11

think it's a weak mock personally

Lol. Somehow it changed from the time I read it to the time I linked it.  You’re right. They have Bouchard

33 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I don't think the islanders would do that the gap from 7-11 is much smaller then from 12-25.  And most would prefer to have picks 11/12 you would think.

Depends, maybe they really, REALLY like a player at 7 (Wahlstrom) that will complement Barzal's game, who most likely won't be there at 11?

my forward wish list:

Zadina

Whalstrom 

Tkachuk

no Kotkaniemi - don't want him

My D wish List:

Hughes 

Bouchard

no Dobson or Boqvist, I don't mind them but at least 1 of these other 5 will be available

My overall wish list

Zadina

Hughes 

Whalstrom

Bouchard 

Tkachuk

Any of these 5 I'll be very happy. 

1 hour ago, shiznak said:

I would say, I agree with most of the players in your tier ranking. 

I would probably switch Farabee and Noel and have Farabee in the second tier group. I really like Farabee's competitiveness, plus being one of the best skaters in the draft. I'll say he has pretty bright future. His stature is a bit underwhelming, but he definitely doesn't seem like he plays at 160. I would probably put Hughes in the second group as well, and bump Dobson down a tier. Out of the two, Dobson would look like the safer bet, but I see Hughes' ceiling way higher than Dobson's and if I'm picking a defensemen that high in the draft, I would rather go for the homerun than a single or double.

That is a very fair switch if you feel that way, because Noel isn't a sure thing by any stretch, Farabee is, in addition to all of the positives you pointed out.  As for Hughes/Dobson, I get the love in for Hughes, for me with Dobson though I view him as a homerun as well.  Hey, we all got our preferences right?  Nobody is going to see things the exact same way.  I used to be bad for looking down at things I disagreed with.  Now I try to see where they're coming from on things, and that's all I ask from anyone reading my stuff which is why I go into detail with my POV and why I like certain guys more, or don't like certain guys as much.  Really appreciate you checking it out and the good feedback!

23 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Highly doubt we get lucky enough to snatch Zadina, but that would be so sweet.

1. Hughes - Tanev

2. Virtanen - Pettersson - Wahlstrom

3. Tkachuk - Pettersson - Virtanen

4. Juolevi - Bouchard

I like the Juolevi - Bouchard pairing. They showed great chemistry together for the years they played together in London. I do think that if Tkachuk is gone at 7 the Canucks will draft Bouchard based on this alone. They have shown in the past they draft or trade for players that have familiarity with eachother...ie: Dahlen and Pettersson, Gadjovich and Palmu, Granlund and Baertchi, heck even Pouliot and Lepsic played on the same junior team. The trend is too loud to ignore IMO.

Forwards

As much as I like wahlstrom I feel that already having a 1st line 1st power play right Shot right wing that’s young there kinda makes no sense since boeser will have all the power play time.... 

i feel like kotkaniemi will most likely be around well we are picking but the upside he will bring isint enough to take him over one of the big 4 dman that will still be availble

brady tkachuk..... this guy is an interesting case to me likely to be long gone before our pick but if not left wing left handed shot could fit very nicely on a  tkachuk Pettersson boeser line tho I am a little concerned on his focus he would be a big net front precense screening for Brock and tapping in petterssons slick feeds 

dmen

i feel hughes and Dobson are top of bennings list but boqvist and Bouchard are high risk high reward honestly I can’t rank the 4 dmen. personal preference I like Noah Dobson but if we walk away with anyone of these 4 prospects we got our selfs a good looking future dman 

wish list 

Dobson 

Tkachuk

Hughes

Bouchard 

Boqvist

"We are going to take the best player available at 7 even if that is a centre ice man "

does that mean kotkaniemi is in there top 7? or another centre?

or does he think of tkachuk or Whalstrom as a centre?  

He could also be just emphasising taking BPA even if that happened to be a goalie which we all know wouldn't be the case.

My impression though is they would have a centre somewhere in their top 7. 

Archived