The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 NHL Entry Draft

Zfetch

Those Tkachuk brothers eh? Matthew might hit free agency and then Brady will follow? I have a feeling it's going to be all about the money with those two, no loyalty at all. Stay away Benning, but he probably knows that already. Maybe he got a glimpse in 2016 with Matthew, which is why he may have passed on him to select Juolevi.  

5 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Canucks should consider that if it was the case.   Seabrook is still a serviceable 5/6 Dman.

JB should be all over that if that were offered. Seabrook isn't as bad as he is made out to be. He just isn't as good as he used to be. 

4 minutes ago, rekker said:

JB should be all over that if that were offered. Seabrook isn't as bad as he is made out to be. He just isn't as good as he used to be. 

I think the worry is he’s a bottom pairing guy now that’s signed for like 5 or 6 years at just under 7 million cap hit. In a year or two he’s unmovable.

Just now, flickyoursedin said:

I think the worry is he’s a bottom pairing guy now that’s signed for like 5 or 6 years at just under 7 million cap hit. In a year or two he’s unmovable.

Ya. It's a gamble. An 8th would be sweet though. LE may be more tradeable a contract by the time Seabrook really regresses leaving Seabrook our one bad deal. 

I'm warming up to the idea of Brady Tkachuk. There would be no guessing with him, you know you're getting a player that's going to make an impact. He brings an element that Horvat / Boeser / Pettersson don't. The idea of him playing with Pettersson or on the left side with Bo & Brock is pretty appealing. 

The wanting to play with his brother stuff doesn't worry me at all. The plus side would be Matt becomes a UFA first. But if you are concerned about it you can always trade Brady once he establishes himself for a good return. Plus that is years down the line, you never know where things are going to be at that many years down the road. 

Not saying this is what I want, but I think this may be how things shake down in the top of the draft:

Buffalo: Dahlin

Carlolina: Svechnikov

Montreal: Zadina

Ottawa: Dobson

Arizona: Tkachuk

Detroit: Kotkaniemi/Hughes

Canucks: Hughes/Kotkaniemi

Chicago: Wahlstrom

NYR: Boqvist

Edmonton: Smith/Bouchard

NYI: Bouchard/Smith

NYI: Farabee

But right as I finished, I can think of so many other scenarios so who knows we all just guessing :)

17 minutes ago, rekker said:

Plus, it would make LE's contract look like a bargain!

There was an earlier report that the Canucks are getting offers on Tanev, but none of them were high enough for Benning and co. Obviously his name has been in the rumour mill for a long time now, but the value has to be there for a deal to make. Hopefully a deal includes another top 20 pick.

2 minutes ago, Screw said:

Buffalo: Dahlin

Carlolina: Svechnikov

Montreal: Kotkaniemi

Ottawa: Hughes

Arizona: Tkachuk

Detroit: Dobson

Canucks: Zadina

Chicago: Wahlstrom

NYR: Boqvist

Edmonton: Bouchard

NYI: Smith

NYI: Farabee

While I just cannot see a situation in which all of Ottawa, Arizona, & Detroit pass on Zadina....that would be frickin AWESOME lol.  This fall watching Zadina, Horvat, and Boeser would be fantastic!!

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

While I just cannot see a situation in which all of Ottawa, Arizona, & Detroit pass on Zadina....that would be frickin AWESOME lol.  This fall watching Zadina, Horvat, and Boeser would be fantastic!!

It is plausible though. Ott and Det have needs of Defense and Arizona might like BT and what he brings.

Just now, Screw said:

It is plausible though. Ott and Det have needs of Defense and Arizona might like BT and what he brings.

Ott and Det have needs of defense just like the Canucks have needs on defense. But even out GM has already stated that while he would like to grab a D man, he will take the best player available.  And I have not doubt that one of the three teams ahead of us would also take that best player available in Zadina. 

I do not think it is plausible. But I would love it. ::D

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Ott and Det have needs of defense just like the Canucks have needs on defense. But even out GM has already stated that while he would like to grab a D man, he will take the best player available.  And I have not doubt that one of the three teams ahead of us would also take that best player available in Zadina. 

I do not think it is plausible. But I would love it. ::D

My jaw has dropped a few times during draft with players dropping.   Maybe the Canucks catch a break.

Archived