The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Ottawa signs Oduya

aliboy

18 minutes ago, Toews said:

Downgrade on Methot but a good signing none the less.

should be, at least its only 1 year. It leaves them open to make a TDL deal for more D if they look to be on another playoff run. 

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

should be, at least its only 1 year. It leaves them open to make a TDL deal for more D if they look to be on another playoff run. 

I thought Fredrik Claesson really looked good for them in the playoffs. I was almost surprised that Vegas didn't take him instead considering the mediocre return they got from Methot..

1 minute ago, Toews said:

I thought Fredrik Claesson really looked good for them in the playoffs. I was almost surprised that Vegas didn't take him instead considering the mediocre return they got from Methot..

I guess a 2nd rounder is OK? McPhee did a lot better when he had the hammer of expansion, some of the trades after were pretty underwhelming in comparison. But I guess once the pressure of expansion was off its hard to get huge returns. 

47 minutes ago, Toews said:

Claesson had a good run for a few months. But if you look at his history at lower levels, there's nothing to suggest that he can produce enough offense to be a legitimate top-4 D-man. 

He may continue to surprise, but I can certainly see why McPhee passed.

3 hours ago, Toews said:

The value drops when that many defensemen are on the market. A second isn't horrible. 

17 minutes ago, cyoung said:

The value drops when that many defensemen are on the market. A second isn't horrible. 

Market saturated with SAN  LD types - it is the RHD that are very hard to find right now and everyone has a premium on.

Archived