The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mason Raymond Scores a Crazy Goal

Noble 6

MAYRAY! MAYRAY!!!!!!!! Super likable guy... great goal. 

Man all I can think of is the blatant attempt by Johnny Boychuk to paralyze the poor guy... now my blood is boiling. I hope someone ends that scum bags career. He doesn't deserve to play a single game after what he did to Mason. 

The best part was no penalty on the play... no suspension either. It doesn't help me sleep much at night but I truly know, deep down that in a fairly officiated NHL, the Canucks are the 2011 Champs.

"Murphy said via email that the league's hockey operations department reviewed the play but deemed it an "awkward collision" and not worthy of a suspension.

"[It was an]awkward collision between two players battling for space/room," Murphy wrote. "[You]rarely see a player bumped when in the position Raymond was in (bent over forward).""

4 hours ago, apollo said:

Man all I can think of is the blatant attempt by Johnny Boychuk to paralyze the poor guy... now my blood is boiling. I hope someone ends that scum bags career. He doesn't deserve to play a single game after what he did to Mason. 

The best part was no penalty on the play... no suspension either. It doesn't help me sleep much at night but I truly know, deep down that in a fairly officiated NHL, the Canucks are the 2011 Champs.

"Murphy said via email that the league's hockey operations department reviewed the play but deemed it an "awkward collision" and not worthy of a suspension.

"[It was an]awkward collision between two players battling for space/room," Murphy wrote. "[You]rarely see a player bumped when in the position Raymond was in (bent over forward).""

I too suffer MayRay ptsd whenever his name resurfaces 

20 hours ago, apollo said:

Yeah, I remember that hit too.  I think I stood up and threw something at my TV.  I so totally agree that "in a fairly officiated NHL, the Canucks are the 2011 Champs."  The problem is that you can never say that in public because people will just assume that you're a whiner and a poor sport complaining about the refs, but with as much impartiality as I can muster, the Canucks were cheated.  Now let's get back to working on getting back there so we can do it for real.  These moral victories suck.  GCG!

On 8/9/2017 at 4:38 PM, DeNiro said:

If only we still had him. Might have been able to make a pitch for Draisaitl.

Oh well.

On 8/9/2017 at 4:52 PM, NHL'er said:

Potentially a Canadian Olympian! :)

The one that got away!!!!! 

GM MG out GM'd again!!!! 

Fire Benning!!!!!

Blame Luongo/ Sbisa/ (other scapegoat)!!!!

Ah, I love what this fan base has the potential to become at the flick of a switch.  Stay classy, CDC   

On 8/9/2017 at 7:04 PM, The Weasel said:

BRING BACK BALLARD

Not his fault Gillis had a HUGE judgement error in acquiring him.  Kept his mouth shut despite being in AVs doghouse for much of his time here (lol, probably because it was deserved but still, he took it like a professional & didn't whine & sulk).

Was a top 4 D on an awful team (which tells you that being among the better players on a crappy team doesn't make you good).

An even BIGGER judgement error was Gillis not using the compliance buyout option on his sooner (granted, it's easy to spend other people's money heh...).

On 8/12/2017 at 6:48 AM, Phil_314 said:

Ah, I love what this fan base has the potential to become at the flick of a switch.  Stay classy, CDC   

Sarcasm dumbass. Oops did I say dumbass? You stay classy Phil_314 :)

Archived