The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Hurricane?

-Vintage Canuck-

before his stream went down last time they were discussing where to go, or if they should just stay in the car worsh. anyone know if they decided to stay or not? everyone's saying it'll be just as bad, if not worse, when it passes. 

it was between their current location and a local shopping mall, i think

edit: looks like they chose the mall. they're at walmart

back for now: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1MYGNXLlaYQxw

Edited by GLASSJAW

11 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

before his stream went down last time they were discussing where to go, or if they should just stay in the car worsh. anyone know if they decided to stay or not? everyone's saying it'll be just as bad, if not worse, when it passes. 

it was between their current location and a local shopping mall, i think

edit: looks like they chose the mall. they're at walmart

back for now: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1MYGNXLlaYQxw

Those guys are nuts... What a rush that would be. Almost wish I was out there!

I can't help noticing that this Hurricane came along at an opportune time for the Trump administration. Just as Sheriff Joe is pardoned, Gorka is fired and Trump re-issues his transgender military ban, a storm called "Harvey" wreaks havoc on the Gulf Coast....

....suspicious....

Harv, do you have anything to say for yourself?B)

#texasstrongandfiercelyindependent  We live a quarter mile off the beach and partially behind the seawall.  Lots of erosion.   Power was off for a couple of hours.  The wind and rain were angry.  Still two more days of this as it moves up the coast. There are parts of town that are flooded and we have 10cm on the road outside our place. Water is being pushed into Galveston Bay. But we have lots of food and water, and I cleaned my AR15 on Thursday.

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I can't help noticing that this Hurricane came along at an opportune time for the Trump administration. Just as Sheriff Joe is pardoned, Gorka is fired and Trump re-issues his transgender military ban, a storm called "Harvey" wreaks havoc on the Gulf Coast....

....suspicious....

Harv, do you have anything to say for yourself?B)

It was a perfect time to do all of those things.  US presidents and other politicians do their most controversial things during heavy news cycles.  The public likes shiny objects like hurricanes and mix that with short attention spans, you have the perfect distraction to do what you want to do.

21 minutes ago, jmfaminoff said:

#texasstrongandfiercelyindependent  We live a quarter mile off the beach and partially behind the seawall.  Lots of erosion.   Power was off for a couple of hours.  The wind and rain were angry.  Still two more days of this as it moves up the coast. There are parts of town that are flooded and we have 10cm on the road outside our place. Water is being pushed into Galveston Bay. But we have lots of food and water, and I cleaned my AR15 on Thursday.

I don't think anybody will be bum rushing you for your food.  Texas took the hit pretty well.