The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"Might be the most natural goalscorer I've played with"

*Buzzsaw*

It's early yet but the sample size doesn't have anything in that would suggest a slump even with his linemates in the infirmary.  40 goals is definitely within reach, which would win him the Calder in a strangely competitive year (Barzal, Debricant, Keller, Sergachev, MaCovy etc.) that could see a couple guys outperforming the highly touted can't miss superstars from last year in Laine and Mathews.

He's so consistent, not at all streaky, and seems to lie in wait and see a play and the opposition is suddenly pulling the puck out of their own net.

He's on pace to surpass Bures first year which is an achievement in its own right, and has a chance to make history as a Canuck.  The scary thing is almost absolutely never does a player have a career season as a rookie, he's gauranteed to be better the longer he plays...

On December 12, 2017 at 10:32 AM, apollo said:

I think top 10 is a given... I know it's only 37 games into his career, but his talent is not a mirage. Here's my top 10... 

I wouldn't be surprised if Brock over takes Eichel at some point for the clear #2

1. Poor Man's Derek Dorsett

2. Jack Eichel 

3. Brock Boeser 

4. Werenski

5. Barzal  

6. Marner

7. Aho 

8. Hanifin

9. Provorov

10. Rantanen 

i would put werenski at 3 and boeser at 4 strictly because of the value of defencman that produce points. its funny though....i was telling guys just the other day that if u had to re- do the draft that boeser or werenski would go third and fourth. so in a way we got another top five pick. 

Considering Toronto paid the price of two first rounders, and a 2nd for Phil Kessel, and basically put their organization back 5 years.

The Canucks drafted a dynamite player who in his rookie year might eclipse Kessel's best year in terms of goals. 

Unlike Kessel, Brock makes his line mates better. He also off the ice seems to be as much of a fantastic person with a big heart. 

I don't think Canuck fans are grateful enough how Benning is gradually turning this team around. 

Despite NOT getting first overall picks, the team is building up a nice nucleus of players.

Hopefully we can get a series of great picks on defence and have  a well balanced team, that like Brock can play any style and win.

Even the games that the team struggles in, Brock alone is worth the price of admission. 

On 13/12/2017 at 6:45 PM, 250Integra said:

I hope he plans on working with Bo's skating coach this off season. Imagine how good he'll be when he's a bit quicker.

OR ala Robataille and Hull, his skating remains average - below average and still manages a 500 goal career. Ha ha. Seriously though, as he matured and gets better it will only help his production.  I think we will witness a forty plus goal Calder winning season from him, and that be will only get better.

If we can lock him in for nine years as a Canuck, he could push for the all-time leader in goals for us which would be incredible.  

1 hour ago, Westcoasting said:

At some point Brock is going to come down to a more normal level. His shooting percentage is totally not sustainable at this point but he is doing great things so far. I'm just waiting for the slump and then all the posts about "what's wrong with Boeser" lol.

While it's true that Brock's shooting percentage is much better than average, I don't agree that it is "totally not sustainable". His vision, anticipation, release, accuracy and shot velocity are also much better than average.

How many players can break someone's leg with a wrist shot? The average player is shooting with a short barrelled handgun, while Brock is using a scoped sniper rifle. Unlike you, I am not eagerly anticipating a slump from Brock.

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

While it's true that Brock's shooting percentage is much better than average, I don't agree that it is "totally not sustainable". His vision, anticipation, release, accuracy and shot velocity are also much better than average.

How many players can break someone's leg with a wrist shot? The average player is shooting with a short barrelled handgun, while Brock is using a scoped sniper rifle. Unlike you, I am not eagerly anticipating a slump from Brock.

I am not either but it is coming, it has to.

3 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

At some point Brock is going to come down to a more normal level. His shooting percentage is totally not sustainable at this point but he is doing great things so far. I'm just waiting for the slump and then all the posts about "what's wrong with Boeser" lol.

I don't see it, I think his shooting percentage is normal for him. Did you also think Brett Hull's shooting percentage would go down when he had an 86 goal season?

There are some players who have accurate shots and are very selective of their shots. Brett hull was one of those players and so is Boeser. Not all players are robots that have same shooting percentage, some just have the knack to put it at the back of the net. Gaunce also has a shooting percentage of 0 but you can tell me that he will have a normal shooting percentage eventually in the NHL level.

1 hour ago, Westcoasting said:

I am not either but it is coming, it has to.

well, all players go on a slump...thats normal but I just don't see very long slumps from Boeser just because his wrist shot is so lethal. His hockey IQ combined with an elite shot makes him a franchise player. Speed or physicality might come and go and not be consistent throughout the season because it has to do with the physical state of the body but Hockey IQ or accurate shots will always be consistent throughout a player's career.

On 12/12/2017 at 10:42 AM, Zhukini said:

I think he's more around 6. Barzal is probably going to be leading the league in assists, or near the top for the next decade. He also plays a more valuable position. 

1. McDavid

2. Eichel

3. Werenski

4. Provorov

5. Barzal

6. Boeser

Marner is up there too, he's having a sophomore slump, much like you can expect for Boeser next year

6 is perfect, that's his number too haha

3 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

I don't see it, I think his shooting percentage is normal for him. Did you also think Brett Hull's shooting percentage would go down when he had an 86 goal season?

There are some players who have accurate shots and are very selective of their shots. Brett hull was one of those players and so is Boeser. Not all players are robots that have same shooting percentage, some just have the knack to put it at the back of the net. Gaunce also has a shooting percentage of 0 but you can tell me that he will have a normal shooting percentage eventually in the NHL level.

Hahaha. Solid dig! 

Boeser's shot is great but let's hold the Hull expectations.

Gaunce has been playing well we need guys like him when trying to turn leads into wins. 

4 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

You mean when he had a hall of fame centre feeding him passes? No and i don't think anyone did, they were the talk of the league that year. I wasn't trying to put a specific time on it i was meaning overall. People are jumping for joy we have the next Gretzky scoring goals for us but realistically it can change quickly. I mean Anders Lee has 19 and a 24 shot percentage is that normal too? I think Brock is off to a great start this year i just don't think its sustainable that's all. Not unless they get a real high end center man for him... which they may have in Sweden already :)

Archived