The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alberta to Stop BC Wine Imports

DonLever

From Global:

Alberta’s premier fired another warning shot against British Columbia in the midst of a bitumen battle.

“The Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission (AGLC) will put an immediate halt on the import of B.C. wine into Alberta,” Rachel Notley said Tuesday.

She said she’s heard by Albertans from all walks of life over the last few days and feels Albertans are “united” and “speaking in one voice” on this issue.

“The wine industry is very important to B.C… I know a lot of Albertans who love B.C. wine, quite frankly, I’m one of them.”

The premier estimated about $70 million a year is paid to B.C. wineries from Alberta purchases.

According to the AGLC, 117 B.C. wineries are registered with the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Authority, with a total of 1,460 wine products listed from B.C.

“The wine industry is very important to B.C… I know a lot of Albertans who love B.C. wine, quite frankly, I’m one of them.”

The premier estimated about $70 million a year is paid to B.C. wineries from Alberta purchases.

According to the AGLC, 117 B.C. wineries are registered with the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Authority, with a total of 1,460 wine products listed from B.C.

10 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Good let’s stop their beef imports. Let our cattle farmers flourish.

exactly. "buy BC" from now on ^_^  

its a really dumb move, all this will do is give Horgan more public support to stop the pipeline 

Just now, Stelar said:

Does pork come in a rib eye?  No....then get bent on that idea 

Alberta can keep their toxic  sludge...

http://www.dw.com/en/global-warming-2017-was-second-warmest-last-three-years-are-record-hot/a-42217407

The World Meteorological Organization has released a meta-analysis confirming that 2017 was the second-hottest year on record.

The year 2016 remains the warmest since records began, the United Nations agency said, with an average Earth surface temperature at 1.2 degrees Celsius (2.2 degrees Fahrenheit) above pre-industrial levels. Measured global average temperatures in 2015 and 2017 came in at 1.1 degrees Celsius warmer.

The analysis consolidated millions of meteorological and marine observations from five international datasets: NASA, the NOAA, the Met Office, the Copernicus Climate Change Service, and the Japan Meteorological Agency.

Data from these sources confirmed that the last three years — 2015, 2016 and 2017 — were the warmest ever recorded.

I am sure my old boys down in Ft Mac are super worried bout not having Merlot from the vineyards of the Okanagan that they own homes in and happily visit while making better than $90k a year

Image result for fort mcmurray worker

While a symbolic gesture for sure and an indication of obviously heavier potential trade sanctions to come in this inter-provincial spat; this one makes Notley look kinda silly.

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Alberta can keep their toxic  sludge...

http://www.dw.com/en/global-warming-2017-was-second-warmest-last-three-years-are-record-hot/a-42217407

The World Meteorological Organization has released a meta-analysis confirming that 2017 was the second-hottest year on record.

The year 2016 remains the warmest since records began, the United Nations agency said, with an average Earth surface temperature at 1.2 degrees Celsius (2.2 degrees Fahrenheit) above pre-industrial levels. Measured global average temperatures in 2015 and 2017 came in at 1.1 degrees Celsius warmer.

The analysis consolidated millions of meteorological and marine observations from five international datasets: NASA, the NOAA, the Met Office, the Copernicus Climate Change Service, and the Japan Meteorological Agency.

Data from these sources confirmed that the last three years — 2015, 2016 and 2017 — were the warmest ever recorded.

If you don’t like toxic sludge then why not stop using it?

also, if you don’t like toxic sludge why not protest the sewage being dumped in the ocean every day in Victoria. 

Archived