Sign in to follow this  
DonLever

Alberta to Stop BC Wine Imports

Recommended Posts

From Global:

 

Alberta’s premier fired another warning shot against British Columbia in the midst of a bitumen battle.

“The Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission (AGLC) will put an immediate halt on the import of B.C. wine into Alberta,” Rachel Notley said Tuesday.

She said she’s heard by Albertans from all walks of life over the last few days and feels Albertans are “united” and “speaking in one voice” on this issue.

 

“The wine industry is very important to B.C… I know a lot of Albertans who love B.C. wine, quite frankly, I’m one of them.”

The premier estimated about $70 million a year is paid to B.C. wineries from Alberta purchases.

According to the AGLC, 117 B.C. wineries are registered with the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Authority, with a total of 1,460 wine products listed from B.C.

 

“The wine industry is very important to B.C… I know a lot of Albertans who love B.C. wine, quite frankly, I’m one of them.”

The premier estimated about $70 million a year is paid to B.C. wineries from Alberta purchases.

According to the AGLC, 117 B.C. wineries are registered with the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Authority, with a total of 1,460 wine products listed from B.C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Good let’s stop their beef imports. Let our cattle farmers flourish.

exactly. "buy BC" from now on ^_^  

 

its a really dumb move, all this will do is give Horgan more public support to stop the pipeline 

 

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Good let’s stop their beef imports. Let our cattle farmers flourish.

Do we have enought cattle to feed the province?  I need my meat!!!!

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Russ said:

Do we have enought cattle to feed the province?  I need my meat!!!!

No

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My family has now stopped buying Alberta Beef.

 

Only buy BC  Beef . 

 

If Alberta thinks they can threaten us   over  dirty Bitumen Sludge.... they are sadly mistaken.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stelar said:

No

Easy just buy BC chicken or BC pork instead....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stelar said:

No

Well hell then keep importing their beef!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Russ said:

Well hell then keep importing their beef!

Pretty sure most of B.C cattle is sent to Alberta to be processed. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Easy just buy BC chicken or BC pork instead....

Does pork come in a rib eye?  No....then get bent on that idea 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stelar said:

Does pork come in a rib eye?  No....then get bent on that idea 

Alberta can keep their toxic  sludge...

 

http://www.dw.com/en/global-warming-2017-was-second-warmest-last-three-years-are-record-hot/a-42217407

 

The World Meteorological Organization has released a meta-analysis confirming that 2017 was the second-hottest year on record.

The year 2016 remains the warmest since records began, the United Nations agency said, with an average Earth surface temperature at 1.2 degrees Celsius (2.2 degrees Fahrenheit) above pre-industrial levels. Measured global average temperatures in 2015 and 2017 came in at 1.1 degrees Celsius warmer.

The analysis consolidated millions of meteorological and marine observations from five international datasets: NASA, the NOAA, the Met Office, the Copernicus Climate Change Service, and the Japan Meteorological Agency.

Data from these sources confirmed that the last three years — 2015, 2016 and 2017 — were the warmest ever recorded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Russ said:

Do we have enought cattle to feed the province?  I need my meat!!!!

No B.C does not.

beef-cows.jpg

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure my old boys down in Ft Mac are super worried bout not having Merlot from the vineyards of the Okanagan that they own homes in and happily visit while making better than $90k a year

 

Image result for fort mcmurray worker

 

While a symbolic gesture for sure and an indication of obviously heavier potential trade sanctions to come in this inter-provincial spat; this one makes Notley look kinda silly.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Alberta can keep their toxic  sludge...

 

http://www.dw.com/en/global-warming-2017-was-second-warmest-last-three-years-are-record-hot/a-42217407

 

The World Meteorological Organization has released a meta-analysis confirming that 2017 was the second-hottest year on record.

The year 2016 remains the warmest since records began, the United Nations agency said, with an average Earth surface temperature at 1.2 degrees Celsius (2.2 degrees Fahrenheit) above pre-industrial levels. Measured global average temperatures in 2015 and 2017 came in at 1.1 degrees Celsius warmer.

The analysis consolidated millions of meteorological and marine observations from five international datasets: NASA, the NOAA, the Met Office, the Copernicus Climate Change Service, and the Japan Meteorological Agency.

Data from these sources confirmed that the last three years — 2015, 2016 and 2017 — were the warmest ever recorded.

If you don’t like toxic sludge then why not stop using it?

 

also, if you don’t like toxic sludge why not protest the sewage being dumped in the ocean every day in Victoria. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Just now, Stelar said:

If you don’t like toxic sludge then why not stop using it?

 

also, if you don’t like toxic sludge why not protest the sewage being dumped in the ocean every day in Victoria. 

Stelar asks the most obvious question.

 

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Easy just buy BC chicken or BC pork instead....

and Saskatchewan beef.  

  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Import Saskatchewan beef!

 

or even better Kobe beef!

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.