The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Press conference and a missing Goldobin?

Ossi Vaananen

1 minute ago, Brocks Flow said:

Happy for Benning. I may be in the minority but I love the job he's done.

Three years is about what most have anticipated.  Only rational that he be given time to show the fruits of his labours, and that timeframe will certainly show them.

Now, let's get on with the real business!

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Voted good move

it is a good move, and its good that they got it done now so Jim can just do his job without this hanging over him. I was concerned other  GMs would try to lowball him in offers if his job future was uncertain. 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

it is a good move, and its good that they got it done now so Jim can just do his job without this hanging over him. I was concerned other  GMs would try to lowball him in offers if his job future was uncertain. 

Good move. I say 2 years, 3 max. Have see how the the young guys they have drafted work out. Interesting that if they do extend Benning that it comes just less than 2 weeks before the trading deadline. Has to be another key point in his tender as the GM on this team. He has to move Vanek, EG (if doesnt sign here with a reasonable contract), and possible one or two other players.

3 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Considering our prospect pool has never been deeper in the history of this organization....he deserves the extension. I just hope he was able to convince Aquilini to buy out Erikkson.

As 'unfortunate' as Erikkson has been dollar to performance wise, he's not useless.

He's a good PKer and does chip in some offense. If he were playing the way he is for 2.5-3m he'd be a fantastic asset.

He's just overpaid for what he gives. He's not a 'deficiency' to the team like Lucic is in Edmonton.

1 minute ago, captainhorvat said:

Considering our prospect pool has never been deeper in the history of this organization....he deserves the extension. I just hope he was able to convince Aquilini to buy out Erikkson.

It was very good draft they got last year, and if Trymakin had stayed in Vancouver it would have been decent. Jury still out on JV and Juolevi. Plus also 2 or 3 other draft picks by Benning has jumped over to the KHL. Who knows if they will come back to North America. 

I remembe looking at Ericksson contract. It is pretty bad, and pretty much unmovable right now. 

Jim Benning resigns for 3 more years?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

After 4 years, and after saying since they took over that they will strive to be "COMPETITIVE", they haven't been competitive in any way. Apparently is in "injuries and inconsistencies" that have plagued the team.

Thoughts:

1) Most of Lenning's trades have been terrible / mediocre

2) Free agent signings have been horrendous.

3) They whiffed on both the Virtanen and Juolevi first round picks.

Wow, I am stunned. The rink is half full. Tickets are $10 outside the main ticket office from the scalpers and we are 4 years away from being a playoff team. Our defence is ridiculously terrible. Sorry gents, I am stunned.

Just now, canucker1971 said:

Jim Benning resigns for 3 more years?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

After 4 years, and after saying since they took over that they will strive to be "COMPETITIVE", they haven't been competitive in any way. Apparently is in "injuries and inconsistencies" that have plagued the team.

Thoughts:

Wow, I am stunned. The rink is half full. Tickets are $10 outside the main ticket office from the scalpers and we are 4 years away from being a playoff team. Our defence is ridiculously terrible. Sorry gents, I am stunned.

Nice trashy post.

1 hour ago, Outsiders said:

I think Jims extension conference maybe?

Wishing it would be Goldy + for Domi but I'm dreaming :lol:

How about 

Tanev Goldobin for Domi and OEL? 

Tanev > Domi > OEL-37 > Goldy 

52 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Canucks trade Markstrom for Luongo?

Gettiiiiiirrrdunnnn

1 minute ago, canucker1971 said:

Thoughts:

It would be great to welcome your Canuck posting with a big fat minus, but damnit, I can't find the minus button.

Archived