The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal - Summer moves.

Trade -

Van sends Tanev to Toronto

Tor  sends 1st round pick 2018 & T.Dermott

Van sends Toronto's 1st rd pick, B. Hutton, S Beartchi and Joulivi to Arizona.

Arizona sends Oliver- Eckman- Larrson and, Domi, 4th rd pick, to Van

Van selects 6th overall from Sweden Boqvist.

Van signs T.Vanek 2 years$.5 million

Van signs Gaudet, entry lvl contract

Sedin's are not offered a contract.

Have at it, but please be kind. Just a thought.

- Yes to first deal.

- Remove Juolevi, TO 1st, OEL, and Arizona 4th from the second deal, essentially making it Domi for Baer + Hutton.

- Select Bouchard with our top pick (assuming it's not one of the top three picks) and a D with the later 1st.

- Try to resign Vanek short term.

- Sign Gaudette to entry level contract.

- Don't resign the twins.

20 minutes ago, 12-16-FG said:

Trade -

if you could make those first 2 trades happen

that would be kind of amazing

the balance is less important to the long term success of the canucks

as we will have a high draft pick no matter what

gaudette remains our property

vanek is not vital

sedins returning or not is not vital either

I do not want us to see Juolevi traded. We need defense prospects to much and I think OEL is very overrated. I don't mind the first trade but Toronto seems very high on Dermott so Id ask for Liljegrin.

Tanev 

for

Liljegrin+1st

Hutton+Goldy

for

Domi+4th

Trade Del Zotto next deadline for a second and after next season

Juolevi-Liljegrin

Pouliot-Stetcher

Brisebois-Bouchard

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

- Yes to first deal.

- Remove Juolevi, TO 1st, OEL, and Arizona 4th from the second deal, essentially making it Domi for Baer + Hutton.

- Select Bouchard with our top pick (assuming it's not one of the top three picks) and a D with the later 1st.

I like all of that but Vanek back. I'd rather see some big 1 year overpayments for some C depth like Beagle or more toughness in Reaves who are both UFAs, and give us more to flip TDL day. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I like all of that but Vanek back. I'd rather see some big 1 year overpayments for some C depth like Beagle or more toughness in Reaves who are both UFAs, and give us more to flip TDL day. 

To be totally honest, resigning Vanek is the least relevant part of my post. I don't care all that much either way. Some toughness would be nice though.

I love how everyone wants to trade Baertschi for a guy that's 2-3 years younger and essentially brings what Baer brings anyway. Not just that but they also want to ADD to Baer to acquire a slightly younger version of Baer. If Baer were 30+ and we wanted someone 22-23 I'd say yes. But giving away assets to acquire an asset that is slightly younger just seems like a waste of assets. Domi is a upgrade in toughness over Baer sure, but I'd argue Baer is the superior defender between the two. Baer has consistently been getting better for us, whereas Domi has slightly regressed over the last 2 years. Just seems a tad redundant and doesn't really change anything in the grand scheme of things.

Is Domi the superior player? Offensively I'd say yes (albeit slightly), but I do feel like Baer is very underrated around these parts. They are close enough in age and skill I'd say it's not worth throwing added assets to swap them, seems like a waste of assets. Not to mention, why does Arizona do this? Hutton can't crack our crap roster, Baer is an older less physical version of Domi. Just seems like a nothing move from both sides. Baer for Domi deals don't make sense. I want Domi, just don't see how it makes sense to have Baer going from our end. In NHL 18 you'd make the trade like that since it'd give you an abundant supply of 2nd line left wingers but this is real life. Most teams don't trade a 25 year old 2nd line LWer for a 23 year old 2nd line left winger or vice versa. 

16 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I love how everyone wants to trade Baertschi for a guy that's 2-3 years younger and essentially brings what Baer brings anyway. Not just that but they also want to ADD to Baer to acquire a slightly younger version of Baer. If Baer were 30+ and we wanted someone 22-23 I'd say yes. But giving away assets to acquire an asset that is slightly younger just seems like a waste of assets. Domi is a upgrade in toughness over Baer sure, but I'd argue Baer is the superior defender between the two. Baer has consistently been getting better for us, whereas Domi has slightly regressed over the last 2 years. Just seems a tad redundant and doesn't really change anything in the grand scheme of things.

Is Domi the superior player? Offensively I'd say yes (albeit slightly), but I do feel like Baer is very underrated around these parts. They are close enough in age and skill I'd say it's not worth throwing added assets to swap them, seems like a waste of assets. Not to mention, why does Arizona do this? Hutton can't crack our crap roster, Baer is an older less physical version of Domi. Just seems like a nothing move from both sides. Baer for Domi deals don't make sense. I want Domi, just don't see how it makes sense to have Baer going from our end. In NHL 18 you'd make the trade like that since it'd give you an abundant supply of 2nd line left wingers but this is real life. Most teams don't trade a 25 year old 2nd line LWer for a 23 year old 2nd line left winger or vice versa. 

I like Baer, but not at a second line contract. He is pretty average as far as creativity. Doesnt bring much physically, has a decent shot, not super fast. If he wanted 4 mill a season, i would be shopping him.

7 hours ago, 12-16-FG said:

Trade -

All proposals are okay except we wish to keep JV and Baer.

Any players suggested to replace JV and Baer?

2 hours ago, KKnight said:

I like Baer, but not at a second line contract. He is pretty average as far as creativity. Doesnt bring much physically, has a decent shot, not super fast. If he wanted 4 mill a season, i would be shopping him.

4 mil is bordering on elite 3rd liner dollars now. I’d say he’s an elite 3rd liner, can play top 6 as long as he isn’t THE guy. I have him pegged as a 2nd liner personally. His numbers are better than Tatar’s and he’s better defensively imo. This over infatuation with toughness is a bit of a joke. Baer’s skating is better than Boeser’s and I’d say his shooting is above average. Even if it’s average he’s a 20+ goal scorer over a full season. Second liner production. If 4 mil is his asking price I say yes easily. 

I never included a free agent signing on Defence, however the lose of Joulivi, is returned in the accusation fo Boquist. As for giving up on Bear is not to secure Domi, I looked at Bear, Hutton and Joulivi, as well the 1st as a coupling of sorts to OEL and Domi.

OEL brings back some offence from the back side, and Domi fills in on the wing.

I look at OEL as a 6 - 8 mil player. tops. with the twins gone this year, ? maybe next there will be money to sign OEL.

Domi is a work in progress. No doubt. But rather him than Kane.

With Gaudet and Petterson making a move here soon, Lind, a year or 2 away Vancouver has a real shot, of improving on their positioning in the standings the next 2 years.

Too risky to trade for OEL with one year left on his contract. Obviously he's a great player but we aren't interested in a rental, and that's a lot of future assets if OEL doesn't re-sign.

I'm fine with the Hutton, Baertschi for Domi deal, simply because Domi has more upside.

If we are trading Tanev, I think we need some top young player(s) to make it worth it.  A late first rounder and a decent prospect has too much bust potential.  I say this because any rebuilding team needs some core players in their prime to mentor the young guys, make the team semi-competitive, and set the tone.  Tanev is our best option on D.  We should trade Edler and keep Tanev unless we end up getting a top prospect an a pick.  For Liljegren +1st I'd seriously consider it.  For McDermott, probably not.

On 3/10/2018 at 2:26 PM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

- Yes to first deal.

sounds much more realistic

Archived