The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Report - Calgary Flames relieve coaches of their duties

skategal

Good, good.

It was that 1 bye week that absolutely killed their momentum.  Also seems like they have some sh!t disturbers which makes them hard to play against and even harder to play together.  I'll take our character guys over their assclowns.

Too bad Gully, if they awarded the Jack Adams based on how far you can toss a stick into the seats mid-spaz you'd be the all time greatest. 

LOL - the old, "You can't get rid of a whole team so why not get rid of the whole coaching staff?" bs. 

How does senior management get off the hook with the club missing playoffs 7 out of past 10 seasons while being a cap-limit team or thereabouts. 

7 minutes ago, rekker said:

I would love to sit down with GG and get his honest, off the record opinion on this team. I think it would be an eye opener. 

He probably would tell us that the top line generates points but is gutless, 18 yr old bennett looks like a third liner, and dougie hamilton is soft as toilet paper...lol...

seriously though...Bill Peters seems to be in the running (if you guys are wondering who Peters is, he is the coach that slammed Eddie Lack in the media...

I would think that AV would like a bit of a break from coaching. The Rangers hired him almost before the ink was dry on his exit papers and he has been going full swing ever since.Calgary is not the place for him but maybe Dallas would be,

All I hope is that the Flamers hire another coach that likes having his team play "so tough" that they spend the whole game in the penalty box.

18 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Will be interesting if their new coaching staff puts up with their POS and his play away from the puck.   Will also be interesting to see if the new staff insists that Monahan and JHockey backcheck.

Double up vote.

50 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

He probably would tell us that the top line generates points but is gutless, 18 yr old bennett looks like a third liner, and dougie hamilton is soft as toilet paper...lol...

seriously though...Bill Peters seems to be in the running (if you guys are wondering who Peters is, he is the coach that slammed Eddie Lack in the media...

I don't see Sutter as a fit with that group of players. Johhny H, Hamilton, Monahan are not Sutter type players. I hope they hire Sutter though. Would make for an entertaining few years of soap opera there me thinks.

14 minutes ago, rekker said:

I could see Tippet being the new guy. Treiliving is going to go into self preservation mode. Tippet's defensive style will probably bore that team into the playoffs.

Maloney and Tippet were not seeing eye to eye in Arizona and it cost Maloney his job.  Treliving hired Maloney and promoted him last year to vice president of hockey operations.  It would be really surprising to see Tippett in Calgary.

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Maloney and Tippet were not seeing eye to eye in Arizona and it cost Maloney his job.  Treliving hired Maloney and promoted him last year to vice president of hockey operations.  It would be really surprising to see Tippett in Calgary.

Didn't know that. That may rule out Tippet. 

9 minutes ago, rekker said:

I see AV holding out for what will probabaly soon be a vacancy in Anaheim. California would be nice after Van and NY.

Do you see him wanting to go to that aging core?

A job's a job but that team needs some turnover. They are the Canucks of three years ago.

2 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Do you see him wanting to go to that aging core?

A job's a job but that team needs some turnover. They are the Canucks of three years ago.

I don't think their cupboard and prospect pool is as bad as ours was. I agree in that team may be getting as Torts said about the Canucks "stale"

Maybe Marc Crawford would be a decent coach for Calgary. The run and gun style with mediocre goaltending seems to fit the bill for the Flames.

If I was AV, I'd much sooner pick Dallas over Calgary if he wants to be part of a team that should have better success sooner. If AV were to hold out for a team, would he consider Seattle?

Entering Calgary with its already stable core and excellent mobile and offensive defense would be a tonic to AV's palate.  I'd be very scared at what he could do with that team over time, but I would definitely enjoy him taking Edmonton on time after time.  Calgary isn't as bad as they showed this year, and with a good coach, which Gulutzan has never proven to be, I'd peg them as a strong bet to at least make the playoffs yearly.

Archived