The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pope Francis tells gay man: 'God made you like that and loves you like that'

Toews

A victim of clerical sexual abuse has said that Pope Francis told him that God made him gay and that his sexuality "does not matter."

Juan Carlos Cruz, a survivor of sexual abuse, spent three days with Pope Francis at the Vatican in April, in which he discussed his sexuality and the abuse he suffered at the hands of a Chilean priest.

Describing his encounter with the Pope to CNN, Cruz said: "You know Juan Carlos, that does not matter. God made you like this. God loves you like this. The Pope loves you like this and you should love yourself and not worry about what people say."

The Pope's words amount to a significant departure from the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church, which considers homosexuality "objectively disordered" and contrary to God's law.

Vatican spokesman Greg Burke told CNN on Monday: "We do not normally comment on the Pope's private conversations."

Fernando Karadima, the man who abused Cruz, was found guilty of abuse by the Vatican in 2011.

Last Friday, all the bishops in Chile offered their resignation to Pope Francis after a three-day emergency summit at the Vatican to discuss Chile's sex-abuse scandal.

In total, 31 active bishops and three retired bishops announced in a statement that they had offered to resign over the scandal and place the issue "in the hands of the Holy Father so that he might freely decide for each one of us."

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/21/europe/pope-francis-gay-comments-intl/index.html

That’s all nice and everything, but when he was first brought in, he had a bunch of very opposing views on the matter.  

Maybe he changed his mind.  Lol. 

Anyway, it is nice that a Pope seems to be sending the right message, and his words go very far with the religious peeps, so hopefully this helps people relax their views on homosexuality. 

That is until the next pope comes and says “Francis was wrong, gay people are the devil” or some stupid stuff like that.  

Who really cares what these people have to say anyway? 

Im a nice enough guy, I can give some decent advise.   AND I have plenty of stupid and silly hats kicking around the house.  

Can I be the next Pope?

14 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

God is to adults,  what Santa Claus is to children.

Come at me bro.

you might be right but my aim in life is to love everyone too. i'm still not very good at it but i'm trying.  my belief, wrong or right is that, i'll see my wife again someday. if that doesn't happen, the belief that it will happen, makes my existence more bearable and gives it more meaning. make fun of me if you want, my faith is strong enough to handle it.

24 minutes ago, gurn said:

I've never been able to understand the pre occupation some people have towards how other people get their freak on.

none of our business.

100% agree buts its also none of _____ religions buisness to be present in someones life when they dont want it

it seems a little impossible when the church is intangled with everything in our civilization

20 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Couldn't go one page without bringing up the American administration.:lol:

Nevertheless this is a pretty big shift for the Vatican.

Dude... you really gotta lose those laughy faces. Your the only one who gets it... it just contributes to the lack of understanding of anything you are talking about. 

5 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Dude... you really gotta lose those laughy faces. Your the only one who gets it... it just contributes to the lack of understanding of anything you are talking about. 

And you should try keeping the American stuff in the Trump thread especially considering this thread has nothing to do with Pence. But I'm not surprised at all. 

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

And you should try keeping the American stuff in the Trump thread especially considering this thread has nothing to do with Pence. But I'm not surprised at all. 

Just so you know I almost reported my own post "picture of pence..........."  to assuage your anger and maybe even get my self banned! But... after I typed it... all I could hear was 

p_101528432.jpg

So, I felt embarrassed to bother them with my trespasses.... .

Get over your self... it was a friggin joke!!!

35 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Just so you know I almost reported my own post "picture of pence..........."  to assuage your anger and maybe even get my self banned! But... after I typed it... all I could hear was 

p_101528432.jpg

So, I felt embarrassed to bother them with my trespasses.... .

Get over your self... it was a friggin joke!!!

Lol I think the only anger is yours yankee.

Archived