The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Madden | C

Tomato Pajamas

Every time this guy hits the ice his game seems to take another step. That WJC tournament, where he wasn't even supposed to make the team had to be a huge confidence boost for him. By the end of the tournament he was playing with Jack Hughes and started to look more and more like him every shift.

That last game, he was demanding the puck on his stick every time he was on the ice, with the beavertail slaps and wanting the puck on his stick. Those gifs that were posted were just a few of many that could have been picked out from that game. He has that sort of arrogance on the ice that he can pull off any move he tries the same way that Pettersson does.

To get him with Hughes and Woo in that draft looks to be amazing at this early stage in their careers.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, WonderTwinPowers said:

18 year old Marner was a 4th overall pick, who doesn't even play the same position. There's so many better comparisons out there to make. This just seems like grasping at straws to compare him to a superstar, but you do you. 

Well said. That poster doesn't let reality get in the way of a post lol.

I am excited for Madden. But comparing him to one of the best young players in the league at this point in time is hilarious and so uninformed lol.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

It's not simply the player(s) that we're all choosing to make comparisons. At this pt, it's prob more an obsessive, compulsive belief, in all draft-related matters with JB.

Hell, he could draft up a new religion overnight, demanding all disciples follow his footsteps. I bet there'd be about 60-80,000 young Vancouverites instantly leave their offices, go shoeless donning robes & beads, wandering streets near the arena, loudly proclaiming the truth, chanting sutras to bless his Holiness, JB, continued success at the table.

Y'all can compare WHOever the Hell ya's like! Just keep Brackett & JB drafting, please...

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Wow people want to compare 1st year College Pro Madden to a top 10 league wide scoring player in Marner? Yikes.....

Madden is doing well, let's hope he progresses and can become a Canuck. No need to compare him to Marner.

As cool as it would be, its highly unlikely. Also, a big reason why so many on here think all or certain prospects we have are all going to be studs. It just is not realistic at the end of the day

Do they? 1 post does not a consensus make.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On 2/6/2019 at 10:47 AM, dpn1 said:

I think Madden reminds me a bit of Mitch Marnier.  May not have as high an offensive side and better defensively.  What do you all think?

lets say Jack Roslovic more than Marner.

Marner is basically elite. 

I would say 60 point upside on the high end and middle six potential. 

On 2/6/2019 at 2:28 PM, WonderTwinPowers said:

18 year old Marner was a 4th overall pick, who doesn't even play the same position. There's so many better comparisons out there to make. This just seems like grasping at straws to compare him to a superstar, but you do you. 

I wasn't the person who made the comparison ...I just reacted to it by the methods stated....

On 2/6/2019 at 10:51 AM, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Tyler could well end up as good as Marner...he is a better checker already....has as much speed and pace to his game...plays a grittier style and has similar hand skills...

I do believe he may actually end up being a more valuable player overall...!

Madden will have a hard time making the league.  

Marner is a first line superstar about to get a 10 million dollar deal.  

Get freaking real man.   Hahahahahahahaha

2 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Madden will have a hard time making the league.  

Marner is a first line superstar about to get a 10 million dollar deal.  

Get freaking real man.   Hahahahahahahaha

Ya and Nylander just signed a big contract....and contracted his effort level into 4th line duty and fewer points than Erikkson...

Marner is in his contract year...let's see how he does next year.

As for Madden...again ...the comparison wasn't mine but a person can still see the similar skills...

Madden will be in the NHL by the year after next...even if he is still only 170 Lbs or so., we have so many centre's now or he might make it next year with weight gain this summer

Just watch...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Ya and Nylander just signed a big contract....and contracted his effort level into 4th line duty and fewer points than Erikkson...

As for Madden...again ...the comparison wasn't mine but a person can still see the similar skills...

Madden will be in the NHL by the year after next...even if he is still only 170 Lbs or so., we have so many centre's now or he might make it next year with weight gain this summer

Just watch...

Ugh you are like LaVar Ball

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Analyst82 said:

Based on what observation exactly? 

Based on the majority of prospects don’t make it. 

Based on undersized defensive style players have a harder time. 

Based on the large majority of 3rd rounders don’t make it.  

He has a chance and I’m rooting for him, but I refuse to look at prospects through the same homer glasses so many here choose to look through.  

15 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Just watch...

Easily one of the more ridiculous posts I’ve seen in a while. Thanks!

• Like 1