The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Jeff Skinner turned down multiple trades

Rush17

That doesn't make much sense to me. Why not ask Skinner where he's willing to go to first before spending all that effort on a trade only to be turned down by the player. Especially if it happened multiple times?

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hutton + Baer?

Lol it would take a lot more than that, I'm not even sure I'd want to pay the price. Have wanted Skinner on the team for a long time, but he's one year away from UFA and is going to be looking for a big pay day.

The conversation probably starts and ends with one of our top prospects, Benning should just hang up the phone on anyone who asks for Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson, Gaudette, Dahlen, Virtanen, Juolevi, Hughes, or Demko

One the one hand, if the team obviously wants you gone then pick a place you'll go to already.....

On the other hand, he's earned the right to call the shots as it's in his contract, so.....

Can't see this not getting done before next season - Canes new owner obviously gave Waddell a mandate to change the culture/identity of the team immediately. 

I don't buy this rumour.

How many teams are lining up to take Skinner at 6.0 million, with one year of term -  at the price the Canes are reportedly asking?

My guess would be not a single one.

If the price were a fraction of the rumoured ask, perhaps they'd have a suitor or two.

I can't take this seriously at all - I doubt there's been a single deal to nix.

From all the rumored the new owners are players by hardball.  Contract negotiations have gone nowhere with RFAs.

I suspect the relationship isn’t good enough for them to sit and come up with a good solution for both parties.

I think that market is going to get a disappointing wake up call if/when they manage to move Skinner.

The hype around him has been laughable.

I saw a source peddling a proposal of Skinner and the 42nd pick to Vancouver for the 7th overall and Goldobin. 

That is sheer delusional.

And I think the story that he's nixed mulitpile deals is equally laughable.

Good job of Leafs-esque attempts to oversell your assets through your media wings, but getting the hopes of Canes up, believing they're getting a bluechip + 1st type return - I'll believe that when I see it.

I wouldn't swap him one for one for a handful of the UFA forwards entering the market.  Do they really think they're going to sell him prior to free agency for that kind of return.

I must be missing something.

33 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Isn't strickland just as reliable as Eklund?

That said, to ship out Lindholm, Hanifin, and Skinner in the same weekend would be insane

He’s only as reliable as like Dan Murphy or something. I think he does the same kind of gig as Murph but for the Blues. I also think he is/was a sports columnist in st Louis as well.

What another rumor started buy the media? A twitter report that has no merit wierd.

But ALL their sources seemed to serve them so well at the draft. 

Twitter has made anyone who can type an insider. 

The Combover 

Oh wait, just hearing the canes are close to a deal for a player, might not happen till after July 1st. 

#caneswilldeal,

0 followers 0 likes 

Combover weather

Sunny with cloudy periods and a chance of shower. 

#thankgoodnessitssummer

0 likes 0 followers.

Finally I’ve made it I signed up for twitter and now I’m an NHL insider and a Weather man ...oops I mean weather person. 

1 hour ago, VanGnome said:

Lol it would take a lot more than that, I'm not even sure I'd want to pay the price. Have wanted Skinner on the team for a long time, but he's one year away from UFA and is going to be looking for a big pay day.

The conversation probably starts and ends with one of our top prospects, Benning should just hang up the phone on anyone who asks for Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson, Gaudette, Dahlen, Virtanen, Juolevi, Hughes, or Demko

Sounds like he has been hanging up already while trying to gain extra picks for the draft.

Archived