The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Report: 2018/19 Canucks

ftmN

On 11/18/2018 at 12:56 PM, Nice guy eddy said:

I get it some times it’s the little things to right , of all the injuries in my life it was a sprained toe that side lined me for a week, but a bone bruise come on what the hell is that , it’s these damn MRI’s they pick up every thing 20 years ago real tough guys played through that stuff ,I’m in agreement on the head injurie protacal, but little nicks & bruises , get out there man & this whole extra cautiousness is weak , I’m sure these guys with the exception of head injuries are ready to go probably 7-10 days before they play again & they leave us in the dark like it’s a big secret, meanwhile us fans fork out our hard earned $ to watch beer league call ups , these guys need to realize who pays there friken salary , no fans no team easy math & now I’m hearing Rusele is out & Tanev may be our again so I’m pretty sure this team needs some change somewhere.

Bruises don't show up on the MRI.

3 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

I am hoping once he return, all the Edler haters will stop hating him because clearly he is still one of our best (if not the best) defenseman.

he's frustrating, but also very under rated.......most consider Tanev to be the rock of the d corps, but every time Edler is injured and Tanev is healthy it's easy to see the Eddie is the guy.

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎18 at 12:56 PM, Nice guy eddy said:

I get it some times it’s the little things to right , of all the injuries in my life it was a sprained toe that side lined me for a week, but a bone bruise come on what the hell is that , it’s these damn MRI’s they pick up every thing 20 years ago real tough guys played through that stuff ,I’m in agreement on the head injurie protacal, but little nicks & bruises , get out there man & this whole extra cautiousness is weak , I’m sure these guys with the exception of head injuries are ready to go probably 7-10 days before they play again & they leave us in the dark like it’s a big secret, meanwhile us fans fork out our hard earned $ to watch beer league call ups , these guys need to realize who pays there friken salary , no fans no team easy math & now I’m hearing Rusele is out & Tanev may be our again so I’m pretty sure this team needs some change somewhere.

I mentioned something like this not long ago and almost got my head taken off. :lol: I am sure most injuries are legit and the players get right back as soon as possible, but we are all human and I am guessing a few take a few extra weeks more then what's needed at times. Anyone call in sick to work when they probably could have went? 

I used to think that it was part of the sport to have injuries but we have guys who are constantly on the injured list and a lot of times we don't see when the actual injury occurred.

At the very least, these issues should affect their next contract as a player cannot help your team if he is constantly on the bench due to an injury of some sort.

15 minutes ago, Nice guy eddy said:

Ya not many play a whole 82 , I get buddy’s point though & realistically I can see Boeser being one of those 55-65 GP kinda guys . It just seems inevitable.

If he can pot 30 in those games, no problem. He may not pan out as well. That injury was pretty devastating. 

1 minute ago, 406in604 said:

If he can pot 30 in those games, no problem. He may not pan out as well. That injury was pretty devastating. 

I’m good with 30 , but ya those back injuries can bung up a guys career, but who knows right the guys still young, maybe he just needed a longer break, they always seem to rush him back in .

6 hours ago, VancouverIteinSanDiego said:

2nd time going to Honda center to watch Canucks play no Brock both times ahhh ! 

I went to 4 games last season and 1 game thus far this season, Boeser only played in 2 of them and 1 of them he was injured early during the 2nd period after a shot-block (Calgary game in December). I am going to another next weekend, hope to see him play.

On 11/20/2018 at 11:54 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Groin can be a lot of things.  Hip Flexor, gracilis, an adductor, psoas, iliacus and more.

Just hope it's not a piriformis.  Dat one can be a buggah.  Irritates the sciatic nerve and can take months to heal up properly.  Hopefully it's nothing major and they're just taking care to get him to 100%.

Archived