The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Report: 2018/19 Canucks

ftmN

On 2018-10-15 at 9:51 PM, Salming said:

What do u base that assumtion on? This team is spineless, Green doesn't protect his assetts and 50% of the fanbase rather see 2 points than instant retribution and sticking up for our star rookie. Jesus no one even helped him get back on his feet or skated upto him to see if he was okay...  

Hate to say it but Pettersson would be better off in the Avalanche or Red Wings franchise. Father Torbjörn probably thinks so too.

Ok now I’m settled down time for some reality.

The team isn’t spineless.  They are just constructed with a lot of finesse players and not enough grit.

it isn’t the coaches fault either.  He just doesn’t want more of his finesse players getting injured by playing gritty and getting Into fights.  How about Boeser our with a fractured jaw?  Or Horvat?  Does that sound good?

the problem is that the team just doesn’t have the players to play the way most people want - “we” want a Bertuzzi in his prime player, and we don’t have one.  Not even close.  So the team CANT stick up for itself cause we have a bunch of finesse players.  If u recall that was the same problem in the SCF....

anyways, we have speed.  And skill.  But we need some mean SOBs in the lineup - that is the only way.  Too bad Beagle was hurt, he would be the type of player that was needed in that game.

long history of being taught not to stand up for yourself - the Sedins taught the youngsters well - /sarcasm

/peace

Patrick Johnston in the Province website:

There’s still lots to come, but the signs are good for Pettersson.

Under the six-step SCAT5 return-to-play protocol developed by the Concussion in Sport Group — a collection of 11 major global sports organizations, including the International Ice Hockey Federation — Pettersson is still a number of days away from returning.

First of all, he had to have to be symptom-free for at least 24 hours while doing his usual daily routines, the ones that don’t involve sports.

Obviously he’s past that, since he’s been doing physical activity the last few days.

To work his way back into activity, he’ll have started with Step 2, which allows for light aerobic exercise. Step 3 is sport-specific exercise, where Pettersson may be already. Step 4 involves non-contact training; Step 5 is a full practice. You spend at least 24 hours in each step; if any symptoms return, then the athlete goes back to the previous step.

As a result, it’s now normal for an athlete to take at least a week to return to action.

Given that the Canucks plan to give him a couple of proper ice times with his teammates before he returns to action, it seems unlikely he’ll play in either of the upcoming home games against Boston on Saturday or Washington on Monday.

15 minutes ago, Oregon.Duck said:

My knowledge about IR rules is fuzzy. If he’s placed on IR, that means he can’t definitely return for a given period of time, yes?

No less than 7 days. I'm not sure if the week petey has been off counts as time served or if it's an additional 7 days from today.

34 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

No less than 7 days. I'm not sure if the week petey has been off counts as time served or if it's an additional 7 days from today.

A player can be put retroactively on IR - which they've probably done, so it's likely 7 days since the hit.

56 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

20 minutes ago, mll said:

A player can be put retroactively on IR - which they've probably done, so it's likely 7 days since the hit.

Which is also the minimum time for the concussion protocol.

1 hour ago, Knucklehd said:

Didn't think we were even close to the cap.

We're not, however having more cap space is always a good thing.

You never know what cap dump deals may come along at the deadline. Or even a trade earlier than that, say Nylander?

Time to get some grittier players on this team that can stand up for the finesse players. Someone to repay Matheson for a similar injury he gave Petey... some grit and back bone would go a long way to make this team harder to play against and make room on the ice for the faster players. If Benning can't do the job time to make a change..

On 2018-10-15 at 8:38 AM, brownky said:

Don't trust anybody. 

What benefit is there to trusting someone's word over someone elses'? Who makes that initial determination over which all opinions are originally formed and then taught? And then who believes it to be true? 

Letters behind a name does not indicate intelligence. It indicates the ability to acquire letters behind a name. 

So sayeth Dr Recchi

You might do it for a vet, to enable him to go down for a couple of games without the hassle of waivers.  But that is not an issue with Petey.  

It has the smell of a longer stretch than just missing 4 or 5 games.

(Anyone remember how long Daniel was out after Kieth's elbow to the head?)

On 2018-10-15 at 4:05 AM, ftmN said:

Figured I will take care of the injury report this year, please feel free to PM me if I have missed anything. Updates will be provided every 1-2 days or when applicable, generally around mid-late afternoon. Let's hope for a healthy 2018/19 season, go Canucks!

Overview:

image.png.4bc64ce9bc003fcf24c24198af7ac76a.png

*Speculation.

Relevant Updates:

image.png

image.png

What ever happened to Brendan Leipsic? I thought Travis Green liked him? Is he injured or a healthy scratch?

5 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

What ever happened to Brendan Leipsic? I thought Travis Green liked him? Is he injured or a healthy scratch?

Sorry about the duplication of images - I keep forgetting to delete the images that I replace and for some reason they are dumped at the bottom.

There hasn't been any updates on Leipsic that I have seen, as far as I can tell he is a healthy scratch. There was speculation that he is nursing a sore wrist after being seen on the bench in his last game wincing in pain.

Archived